Why become a member? ×

Harvey Citron/Steve Swallow Custom AE5 Hollow Bodied Bass Guitar with John East preamp & Aguilar DCB pickup.
£4500

Dave Swift

I'm currently selling a couple of my high end basses, including my Harvey Citron AE5 (5 string) hollow bodied bass.
This truly is a wonderful instrument, but a combination of me wanting to "thin out the herd" and some major developments happening in my personal life means it's time for me to move this and other basses on.
This custom Citron AE5 features a wider neck than the usual Steve Swallow model (Steve plays exclusively with a pick and has very narrow string spacing) It also has a 36" scale length, and is tuned B to G (low to high)
It currently has an Aguilar DCB pickup installed in the sound hole, but I still have the original Citron soap bar pickup which will be included in the sale.
The bass originally had a piezo only pickup at the bridge, and as much as I liked this, I decided firstly to have a magnetic pickup added, but then decided to remove the piezo pickup and use the magnetic one exclusively, featuring a more elaborate preamp.
I still have the original bridge saddles, and piezo pickup.
The original preamp was an EMG, but I got preamp wizard John East to make me a custom UNI PRE preamp for this bass.
I still have the original EMG preamp which will also be included in the sale.

Whoever buys this bass can always have it changed back to its exact original specs very easily..
I had Martin Peterson at The Bass Gallery in Camden Town do this work for me, so he is very familiar with this bass.
The bass is still structurally the same as it was the day it was made.

Although I toured with this bass, and used it on numerous TV programmes, recordings and radio shows, it is still in immaculate condition! (As are all my basses)
I used this bass with all manner of artists including Joss Stone, former Spice Girl Mel C, and Chris Difford (Squeeze) See photos below.
It is currently at Bass Direct if anyone wants to go and check it out.

Yes, It's an expensive bass, but a brand new one of these will cost way more than my original asking price of £4,500.
Also bear in mind I had to pay shipping from the US, and import duties & tax, so naturally this had to be reflected in the price.
To buy this bass new direct from Harvey Citron, I believe you're looking at double what I'm selling mine for, that's before shipping, duties & taxes.
Finally, I'm including several YEARS supply of custom made Dunlop & La Bella strings made specially for this bass.
The cost of these alone would easily be over £1,000!
So, even at the new lowered price of £3,999 all inclusive, this really is a bargain! 😉
Any more questions, please just ask!

Dave Swift

http://daveswiftbass.com

Edited by Dave Swift

I'm aware that the price is a bargain considering it met 'Swallow (and Swift) standards' of quality and its rarity. Too bad It's not the right time for me.

Just curious.. You said it is wider than Swallow's. What is the string spacing?

• 3 weeks later...