Why become a member? ×

Epiphone EB6 Frankenbass
£40

harryharold

Hi Everyone,

Haven't been on this forum in years, and I think the last I was on here was to buy this bass, though it did not look like this then.

I got it as a Ephione EB1 but with no hardware, then built it up as an EB1 but with the extra basslines MM pickup at the bridge (which was a schaller 3d4) and a DIMarzio model 1 at the neck. I also moved the controls to the scratch plate so I didn't bash then when playing lefthand. I also hacked at the body to add a bit of contouring so my arm didn't dig in. It was played like this for several years in regular gigs and performed really well.

I then stopped gigging and then fancied playing a bass VI. I decided to hack my already very hacked eb1 into a bass VI, and this is what you see here. It works! The pickups aren't ideal but they give a signal and allow you to have a play.

Unfortunately this isn't now getting played and as now (as a family, wife instigated) doing a session of KMing (ha) it's got to go.

So I'm offering this lefthand EB6 WITHOUT THE PICKUPS for a cheap, for someone else to have a play with. I don't think bass VI's are much available in lefthand so this is a great opportunity.

I'm doing it WITHOUT THE PICKUPS as I thinking it presents the best way of passing on a bass I've had a lot of fun with to someone who also wants to enjoy it. They don't really match the strings very well do they? If you want to gig it it you can hack some guitar pickups in somehow, I never got to this stage.

It is possible to convert it back to 4 string if you want a very nice sounding short scale bass for cheap, but that will require a new bridge and will leave big holes in the headstock. I might be possible to do this but I'd prefer to pass it on as is WITHOUT THE PICKUPS.

ps. sorry for shouting about it being WITHOUT THE PICKUPS, i'm just making sure you know what I'm selling.

[attachment=227853:R0020535.JPG]
[attachment=227854:R0020536.JPG]
[attachment=227855:R0020542.JPG]
[attachment=227856:R0020543.JPG]
[attachment=227850:R0020544.JPG]
[attachment=227851:R0020545.JPG]
[attachment=227852:R0020546.JPG]

Just realised some errors on this post - it's actually an EB-0,

Also the nut was one i made from some 'nut' material I bought from somewhere. I spent time getting the grooves exactly right, but couldn't be bothered to smooth it so it looks awful. Also due to EB-0 balancing issues I have the strap up on the neck, old style.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...