Why become a member? ×

Bag for acoustic bass guitar????

ChrisF

Wasn't sure where to put this...so if it's in the wrong place please feel free to move it mods .. cheers.

Just got hold of an acoustic bass guitar..and I've been all over the Internet trying to find a bag for it.

No luck so far. So I was wondering if anyone had experience of this and knew somewhere to get one.

The guitar is 125cm long ( hey look at me doing modern measurements lol ) and I just can't find a bag that is long enough.

As ever... cheers in advance you lovely people

I got one for my acoustic bass for £20, I'll have a look for the make.

Just checked and it's a TGI and mine is for a 5 string acoustic.

They're all over the place. This is where I got mine.
http://www.alangregory.co.uk/music/TGI_Transit_Acoustic_Bass_Guitar_Case.html?gclid=COqJ96npis8CFYTGGwodfKMJBw

Cranes do them.
http://www.cranes.co.uk/tgi-transit-series-acoustic-bass-guitar-gigbag?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=CNe42q3pis8CFYcK0wod8dUGrQ

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='Dan Dare' timestamp='1474020155' post='3134961']
If the instrument's worth a bit, isn't a cheap gig bag a false economy? I went through a couple of cheapies before seeing the light and getting a Fusion. Wish I'd got one first off.
[/quote]

Having owned all sorts of cases from what was essentially a guitar-shaped plastic bag to full-flight cases you need to pick the right case for your situation. IME a £30 padded gig bag that is comfortable to wear is going to be fine. Unless you need maximum portability and maximum protection, I really can't see the point of these modern semi-rigid cases, and I'm saying that as Mono M80 owner.