Why become a member? ×

GK MB210 passive/active inputs

Grassie

Evening all,

Just come back from rehearsal where I played my new Sire MM V7 at decent volume for the first time. But I have a question: is it OK to use the bass in active mode while plugged into the passive input? The reason I ask is this: when plugged into the active input, the signal is a lot quieter, to the point where I have to boost the master volume somewhat to get a decent amount of output.
When played passively through the passive input, the sound is immense. Switching over to active while plugged into the passive input means I have to roll the volume off on the bass itself, but the signal is nice and punchy and not distorted at all, which is what I'm after.
I'm just a bit concerned that I might damage the amp in some way if I continue to use the bass as active while plugged into passive, although I would imagine those of you with one input on your amps don't have to worry about this kind of thing.
Confused.com. :huh:

[quote name='Merton' timestamp='1473458528' post='3130509']
It'll be fine. If you hear bad sounds turn down the gain but I always use the passive input unless I'm seriously overloading the amp input :)
[/quote]
Sweet, thanks mate. She sounds like a beast through the passive input. The band love it too. :D