Why become a member? ×

SOLD *** ACG J Type Fretless bass
£575

dmckee

ACG made around 2012 I think. Bass is on Alan's website here: [url="http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg_admin/wordpress/portfolio/g019-j-type-fretless-4/"]http://www.acguitars...ype-fretless-4/[/url]

American alder body finished in “grunge black”, 3 ply parchment/black scratchplate, 3 piece maple neck with Indian ebony unlined fingerboard (dots on side at fret positions), birdseye maple headplate with black veneer accent.

2 ACG FB humbuckers, Hipshot bridge, Gotoh tuners. Previous owner had the passive EQ upgraded to active 3 band Audere preamp, so controls are stacked volume/blend, stacked treble/bass, stacked hi mid/lo mid.

Beautiful bass, in excellent condition. Some very light marking on the fingerboard from the roundwounds I have on it but very superficial. Only selling as I just accidentally bought another fretless here and want to stick to my one in one out policy!

Based in Edinburgh, collection preferred, no trades please as I have already replaced it, gig bag included if wanted.

[attachment=227395:IMG_3151.jpg][attachment=227396:IMG_3152.jpg][attachment=227397:IMG_3154.jpg][attachment=227398:IMG_3155.jpg][attachment=227399:IMG_3156.jpg]

Edited by dmckee

[quote name='CaptainBlackarm16' timestamp='1473367112' post='3129592']
Beaut!! Luminlays?
[/quote]

No, they're aluminium dots. Used to be mine this one and sorely tempted to buy it back again.

Edited by ead

Here's a pic. Not that easy to show!

They're very much surface only - you can barely feel the at all. I actually had the board reshot by Chris McIntyre - it wasn't totally true, but it is now - and these lines reappeared almost the instant I started playing again. They don't affect its playability at all. They're D'Addario EXP Nickelwounds that are on it just now btw.

Cheers,

Dave.

Edited by dmckee