Why become a member? ×

8U carpeted flight case
£1380

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]I am splitting the items pictured in the photo.[/font]

[color=#a52a2a][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][b]PICKUP ONLY FOR THESE ITEMS (unless you can send a suitable box... :-) ):[/b][/font][/color]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Freestyle 8U carpeted [/b][b]flight case: £120 [/b][i]bomb proof and made of wood[/i][/font]

[b][s]Samson PowerBrite: £75[/s] now sold[/b]
[s][b]​Alesis HD24 and all caddies, USB interface + all cables: £450 [/b][/s][b]now sold[/b]
[s][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Behringer RX1602: £100[/b][/font][/s][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][b] now sold[/b][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][b][s]Presonus Digimax D8: ~£250[/s] now sold[/b][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][s][b]Presonus FireStudio 26x26: £160[/b][/s][b] now sold[/b]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][b][s]Presonus Digimax D8: £210[/s][/b], now sold[/font]

Full details below.[/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Collection from Droitwich, Worcestershire[/b]. Can meet on J5 of M5 or somewhere between Droitwich and Coventry (I work in Coventry).[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][attachment=227093:DSC06875.JPG]

[size=4]All of this has had very very little use after the band I was in broke up. I bought the Alesis HD24 new years ago and mainly used it for recording demos at home, plus 2 gigs I played. The Presonus gear has had little use too. All in all, very good and in excellent condition![/size][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Alesis HD24:[/b][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]As the Alesis HD24 has an abysmal ethernet 10base port and ropey FTP server implementation, and the FirePort is no longer supported on modern OSes, I used to use HD24tools. [/size][/font]I cannot include any help or instructions on using HD24Tools - you'll need to get in touch with the author of that software for help (he is helpful and friendly).

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]I am including the USB interface I used to connect to the drives. Note that this is housed in the wrong sort of 5.25" bay so the cables poke out the back and the on/off button on it is not housed properly, so use with care! Works absolutely fine though, and a million times faster at getting files off these disks.[/size][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Note that some idiot once spilled beer on the buttons years ago (not me - if I ever found out who did it....) so sometimes some of the buttons stick in/out but I have cleaned it and it all works fine. This is the only problem that occasionally crops up with the unit. Although not pictured, there is also the PSU for the USB caddy.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]This is NOT the XT. Includes Alesis HD24 LRC remote. I could not get this to work, which was a pity as I have never ever used it. I do not know why it does not work.[/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]The manual for the HD24 is included. [/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Includes two original Alesis HD24 hard disk caddies. Only one of the caddies has a disk in it, which fired up fine when I tested it. Note that you can apparently fit SATA drives to these caddies using an extra board (but I can't help you with that, sorry). Includes one third-party HD24 disk caddy with an IDE disk inside. This will need formatting in the ADAT HD24 as it is currently formatted to FAT32/NTFS or something which is not compatible with the HD24).[/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Also includes one USB 5.25" hard disk caddy for use with the externally available HD24Tools package to get audio off the disks easily. With PSU and USB cables.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Freestyle carpeted [/b][b]flight case [/b][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]A Freestyle 8U flightcase, carpetted and with strong ply construction. This is not a flimsy box! It has aluminium edges.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][b]Samson Powerbrite Pro[/b][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]A Samson power distribution unit. You can change the fancy light-up text by getting some acetate printed. The bulb for the rear light has gone. The front of the PSU has a pop-out light for lighting up the rack. There are 8 IEC outputs at the back, a 10amp breaker in the unit so that it trips before the 13A it is fed with trips. There is also an unswitched IEC connector on the front.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Pictures galore here: [url="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3vzHZmGDdwKcDJXWk9VTjRMQ1U"]https://drive.google...cDJXWk9VTjRMQ1U[/url][/font]

Edited by 72deluxe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]I have tried ebay but perhaps I am asking too much? Also I don't have any boxes or any way of shipping it which I think is limiting it.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]May I ask how much you sold it for?[/font]

I honestly cannot remember how much it went for, but it went to a guy who needed rocksolid multitrack playback for Glastonbury the following week and the combination of his needing it and my proabably pricing to sell was a result.

Shipping is no problem when you have taken bike boxes off Halfords's hands. Wrapping it in cardboard is a bit of a grind, but it is all do-able.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Ah ok excellent plan. I will pop by on the way home tomorrow to grab a stash of boxes, or a bunch of banana boxes.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Pity, I had kind of settled on a nice little tricycle for myself, replete with bell...[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Thanks![/font]