Why become a member? ×

Anyone using the Songsterr app?

highwayman

I'm a learner bassist of six months and am working my way through book one of Hal Leonard's Bass Method. I'm taking a methodical, long-term view of my learning, but sometimes the book becomes a bit 'dry' & I need other bass stimuli. I stumbled across Songsterr online whilst searching for a tab for 'Nightcall' from the film Drive. I really liked the scrolling tab & musical accompaniment and was soon trying other songs. I'm thinking of getting the app, which is £4.99 a month, as I can place my phone on my music stand & utilize the other features. Is anyone else subscribing to the app, and if so how are you finding it?

Thanks for the replies: my bass is due to have some work done on it next week - when I get it back I'll sign up to the app for a month & see if I like it. For me, even as a beginner, complete transcription accuracy isn't essential as I hope to embellish any song I'm playing with my own ideas.