Why become a member? ×

Would you be interested in a Gibson Bass Book?

Basvarken

[quote name='12stringbassist' timestamp='1477499099' post='3162632']
You may want to look at how much it would be to self-publish via Blurb, like I did with my 4 Slade live photobooks. Print on demand means you don't have any outlay and boxes of them lying unsold around the house for years. Blurb do all of the customer service (including the inevitable 'lost copies' that can send you spiralling into loss) and you set your own profit figure. They are signed for on delivery, so that sorts that out.

They can also put them on amazon.com for you.
[/quote]

Thanx for the tip. I will look into that too.

In the meanwhile the PDF is off to the printer. I decided to take the leap of faith and place the order.
I'm expecting the books in week 47.
The website is up and running. You can already sign up (and pay) for your copy of the book.
[url="http://www.thegibsonbassbook.com"]www.thegibsonbassbook.com[/url]

At tuesday december 13 I'm releasing the book officially for a select audience.
The nice folks of Gibson Europe have invited me to use their showroom on the 10th floor of the A'dam tower in Amsterdam.
(with a magnificent view over Amsterdam).
None other than Rinus Gerritsen (of Golden Earring. He recorded the hit Radar Love with a Gibson EB-3) will be there to receive the first official copy of the book.

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1478760833' post='3171392']
Did you lean on Uwe for any of the content? :)
[/quote]
Absolutely! I was going to call the book The Uwe H collection. But he wouldn't have it. B)
Uwe was a tremendous help throughout the entire project.

[quote name='Basvarken' timestamp='1478899940' post='3172649']

Absolutely! I was going to call the book The Uwe H collection. But he wouldn't have it. B)
Uwe was a tremendous help throughout the entire project.
[/quote]

I have no idea how many he owns...there just seems to be racks and racks of them! Does he just buy every one each year or something?

He calls himself a completist. Uwe strives to own every model that Gibson ever built. So when Gibson introduces a new model, he buys it. But Uwe does not collect for color differences in finish. It needs to be structurally different (different wood, different pickups, different shape, etc)

[quote name='Basvarken' timestamp='1478947399' post='3172863']
He calls himself a completist. Uwe strives to own every model that Gibson ever built. So when Gibson introduces a new model, he buys it. But Uwe does not collect for color differences in finish. It needs to be structurally different (different wood, different pickups, different shape, etc)
[/quote]

He dislikes chrome hardware with a passion and welcomed me to the dark side when I said I'd never go chrome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys!

[quote name='blackparkas' timestamp='1481980549' post='3196731']
Is it possible to buy this in any of the Musicstores in London or is it just via the website?
[/quote]

No, I'm afraid not (yet).
As for now it is only available via my www.thegibsonbassbook.com and via the Dutch online bookstore Bol.com.

• 2 weeks later...