Why become a member? ×

Is it a record?

Hutton

I have just sold a bass. From the ad appearing in 'basses for sale' till the new owner took delivery was 51 hours. Not bad for a sale that involved a courier taking the bass from Aberdeen to Bristol. Can anyone beat that for a bass being sold from time of advertising to delivery by courier?

I had a "buyer collects" Ebay auction about 10 years back and the buyer drove 200 miles to sit in my road, not knowing if he had won. I invited him in and we watched the auction end together. It would have been pretty awkward if the sale got bidnapped - thankfully his was the winning bid!

[quote name='TrevorR' timestamp='1472847299' post='3124832']
And I just discovered today that basswood isn't pronounced basswood, it's pronounced basswood! D'oh!
[/quote]

Quite. Like the fish, not the instrument. :)
Known as 'Lime' in the UK...

Edited by discreet

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1472910441' post='3125286']
I recently bought a combo on Ebay as a 'buy it now' item. The seller was in Kent, I am in West Oxfordshire. My bid went in at about 09.00 and by 15.00, I had the amp (and the seller) in my lounge. Used it at that night's rehearsal.
[/quote]

What, as a stand for the amp? 😜