Why become a member? ×

What kind of a bass player are you...I'll be amazed if this hasn't been posted already

Jigster

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1472664882' post='3123093']
I got Guy Pratt - probably because after just three questions I got annoyed with the quiz and left it.
[/quote]

I lasted 3 questions too. Utter bollox, didn't even bother seeing who I got. Pish & tosh! Caught me on a good day :-)

Either you are all lying b'stards or the quiz is broke, I didn't even pick throw keyboard player out of window option! I answered honestly and got Sid Vicious, surely I have more talent than that.......hang on, white / black Precision, pick player, ex punk / still punk at heart, actually used to have the nickname Sid, the good looking one in the band....it's all coming together :)

Edited by Roger2611

[quote name='Roger2611' timestamp='1472672471' post='3123198']
Either you are all lying b'stards or the quiz is broke, I didn't even pick throw keyboard player out of window option! I answered honestly and got Sid Vicious, surely I have more talent than that.......hang on, white / black Precision, pick player, ex punk / still punk at heart, actually used to have the nickname Sid, the good looking one in the band....it's all coming together :)
[/quote]
I got Sid, too.

My result said Geddy Lee, I could not name any of his numbers let alone play one, the only similarity is we both use an old Jazz Bass.

Despite that I sound nothing like Geddy Lee, I was hoping for Duck Dunn but half expecting Gene Simmons, rubbish quiz!

I got Jack Bruce, as part of the being savvy camp. Fair play, spose I do look at things for the sake of the band, rather than myself. Probably comes with age, and the realisation that the bass is there to make everything else sound good.

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1472685905' post='3123374']
Ok, well it says I'm Geezer Butler.

Who's Geezer Butler?

I'm serious.

Blue
[/quote]

[i]I [/i]am Geezer Butler (according to the quiz..!)

(...Cries from the swelling crowd... "[i]I [/i]am Geezer Butler..!"... "[i]I [/i]am Geezer Butler..!"... "No, [i]I [/i]am Geezer Butler..!"...)

No, seriously, he's the bass player behind Black Sabbath. :mellow: You know, [i]Black Sabbath[/i]... :rolleyes: What's Black Sabbath..? :huh: What..? :o The group that toppled the Beatles and you don't [i]know [/i]of them..? :unsure: Ah, yes; I'd forgotten. one had to [i]be [/i]there. :lol: :P

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1472686335' post='3123379']

[i]I [/i]am Geezer Butler (according to the quiz..!)

(...Cries from the swelling crowd... "[i]I [/i]am Geezer Butler..!"... "[i]I [/i]am Geezer Butler..!"... "No, [i]I [/i]am Geezer Butler..!"...)

No, seriously, he's the bass player behind Black Sabbath. :mellow: You know, [i]Black Sabbath[/i]... :rolleyes: What's Black Sabbath..? :huh: What..? :o The group that toppled the Beatles and you don't [i]know [/i]of them..? :unsure: Ah, yes; I'd forgotten. one had to [i]be [/i]there. :lol: :P
[/quote]

Oh yeah, I saw them open for believe it or not TOP at Montclair State College back in the 70s. Ozzy was in that band, right?

Blue