Lots of specials eg phaser, flanger, BEF, Big Muff Pi deluxe. All usually off

MXR compressor (always on, mild)

Markbass CMD121P and NY121P

I usually run with quite a bit of VLE and flat apart from that

Stingray 2EQ is set with vol and bass 100% always and I vary the treble

Both basses have D'add flats <<<<<< important

Edited by chickenjames

[quote name='Passinwind' timestamp='1472924345' post='3125404']
Try 103 pages worth here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/10285-show-us-your-rig/"]http://basschat.co.u...ow-us-your-rig/[/url]
[/quote]

Ha ha. I was searching for amp should have used rig as the term. I stand corrected :D

Got an old laney rbh800 head going into 2x 410 bass cabs loaded with h/h cabs. Got a custom done big muff clone by tt audio for a nice bit of growl and a rat clone for when you need to go that bit ott. Can't work out how to add photo of it. Been out of music and off this forum for years until recent

[quote name='Passinwind' timestamp='1472920276' post='3125369']
There's a thread on the build here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/281844-a-diy-bass-head-build/page__p__3023103__hl__passinwind__fromsearch__1#entry3023103"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/281844-a-diy-bass-head-build/[/url]

I have a slightly revised version about halfway built sitting on my workbench at the moment.
[/quote]

I've just been looking at your build thread. My reason for wanting to get hold of the Berg' B-Amp is probably the same as the functionality in your own design. A decent parametric and HPF really does make a big difference! Like your ideas, very tidy inside too :)

Currently my amp setup is entirely made up of second-hand stuff from this very parish! These days I drive Chris B's old Bergantino 2x12 with (one of) Merton's old Ashdown CTM-100s (I believe he's acquired at least one more since...) - the only thing I bought new was the speaker cable!

The pedals I bought new - partly because Ibanez Bass Tubescreamers and the Korg Pitchblack+ don't crop up very often secondhand. I also received a Bass Big Muff as a very generous gift from a very kind friend, which confused the security staff no end at Berlin Schonefeld until I remembered how to say "ja, ich spiele gitarre." The Korg PB+ is the combined tuner and A/B switch, which I bought because most Cherry White gigs these days require me to alternate between 4-string and 8-string.

[quote name='EliasMooseblaster' timestamp='1473153031' post='3127340']
Currently my amp setup is entirely made up of second-hand stuff from this very parish! (..snip..) with (one of) Merton's old Ashdown CTM-100s (I believe he's acquired at least one more since...)
[/quote]

Yes. And sold it again too as I needed money :( One day I'll get to keep one permanently haha, I love them!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1473152501' post='3127334']
I've just been looking at your build thread. My reason for wanting to get hold of the Berg' B-Amp is probably the same as the functionality in your own design. A decent parametric and HPF really does make a big difference! Like your ideas, very tidy inside too :)
[/quote]

The B|Amp is a really nice piece and I found it to be one of the stars at NAMM this year. In the past I've done three different DSP based builds, including something a whole lot like a Bergantino IP amp knockoff. After some years of playing through through those rigs I settled on my current amp's feature set as a sweet spot for my particular wants and needs. My builds are modular and changing that feature set in the future wouldn't be terribly difficult if I become so inclined.

Thanks for the kind words; in my mind I am just barely to the point of building stuff to something like a decent standard these days.