Why become a member? ×

What amp/rig are you using?

sirmuppet

Alembic 5 strings - fretted and fretless into a mesa Big Block 750 with mesa 212 and 210 cabs for most gigs. It can sound quite aggressive though so I also have to option to use a fender pre-amp/QSC power amp instead of the Mesa if I want a cleaner sound. For a really small room I can take a Markbass 410 and LM 800 .

Generally some ibanez -> B3 -> TC RH450 to 2 x TC 112 (and DI to PA).
Sometimes put a fisher power chord FX in there, but occurs to me I haven't recently

Sometimes

G&L 2500 -> Roland GR500 -> (B3 -> TC RH450 -> 2 x TC 112 (and DI to PA)) and (PA)

Edited by Woodinblack

Aria SB1000 fretted and Wal Custom fretless, Smoothhound wireless into GK Backline 600, mostly flat EQ, FX loop to Boss BC2 and - for the moment - Boss ME20B for experimentation. Cabs are a GK MBX410 and an Ashdown 1x15. All cables are OBBM's finest. The sound is big and deep-chested with enough top end for the Wal to cut through when necessary. No plans to change anything apart from FX, except I might be tempted by a newer 1x15 with a horn

[quote name='neilp' timestamp='1472744231' post='3123855']
Aria SB1000 fretted and Wal Custom fretless, Smoothhound wireless into GK Backline 600, mostly flat EQ, FX loop to Boss BC2 and - for the moment - Boss ME20B for experimentation. Cabs are a GK MBX410 and an Ashdown 1x15. All cables are OBBM's finest. The sound is big and deep-chested with enough top end for the Wal to cut through when necessary. No plans to change anything apart from FX, except I might be tempted by a newer 1x15 with a horn
[/quote]

Good call. I forgot I use a Smoothhound too. Adds a nice brightness to begin with.

So for me it's either a Gibson Thunderbird, Fender Jazz or Precision into a Smoothhound wireless, into a Tech 21 Sansamp Deluxe, Rocktron Banshee 2 then into the effects return of an Orange Terror 500 and OBC115.

I use an Ampeg SVT2 Pro amp. With a Barefaced super twin. I also have a pedalboard with various pedals but only use the Boss compression, Boss phase and a Sans amp for distortion. I am deeply in love with this set up and can't see me changing anytime soon. The Barefaced speaker has so much bottom end, yet weighs so little!

None of the usual suspects here:

That's a DIY 650 watt head on an Audiokinesis Thunderchild TC112AF cab. These days I am mostly playing big band jazz shows on my BSX electric upright, or occasionally on my Crescent Moon fretless:

Edited by Passinwind

Doublebass straight in a Phil Jones Bass Suitcase and 4B extension cab, no pre amp or pedals. The rig sits on a folding aluminium hop-up step thing to get it up to nice height.

Always sounds good even in known problem venues.
I think there's a lot to be said for keeping things simple :)

[quote name='Passinwind' timestamp='1472845338' post='3124797']
None of the usual suspects here:

That's a DIY 650 watt head on an Audiokinesis Thunderchild TC112AF cab. These days I am mostly playing big band jazz shows on my BSX electric upright, or occasionally on my Crescent Moon fretless:

[/quote]

Very cool. How did you build the amp? Is it your own design?

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1472887902' post='3124999']
Very cool. How did you build the amp? Is it your own design?
[/quote]

There's a thread on the build here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/281844-a-diy-bass-head-build/page__p__3023103__hl__passinwind__fromsearch__1#entry3023103"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/281844-a-diy-bass-head-build/[/url]

I have a slightly revised version about halfway built sitting on my workbench at the moment.

Edited by Passinwind