Why become a member? ×

USA Fender Select Active Jazz - ****SOLD****
£1100

Freddie75

For Sale my Mint condition USA Fender Select Active Jazz Bass. Hands down the most comfortable Jazz I've played and owned including a USA Deluxe. The neck definitely feels thinner from front to back than the deluxe and the standard Jazzes I've owned.

Year 2013 and cost £1700, I am the 2nd owner.

Its in fabulous condition, just a couple of small marks I can see - hardly noticeable, and comes with the official Tweed hardcase.

The Blurb:

The highly acclaimed Fender Select series introduces an all-new lineup for 2013. These finely crafted guitars and basses put decades of Fender expertise on display, with elegant features and design options for discerning musicians everywhere. Experience the latest figured tops, beautiful finishes, choice tone woods, figured and quartersawn maple necks with compound-radius fingerboards, an innovative new "inlaid" fingerboard design on two of the models, specially voiced pickups, and several new first-rate features that mark Fender's top-line best as remarkable instruments.

Like its passive-electronics 2012 predecessor, the Fender Select Active Jazz Bass® takes our most versatile bass to new heights of elegance and power. Its alder body has a flame maple top and a beautiful hand-stained Tobacco Sunburst finish with gloss-lacquer topcoat. The modern "C"-shaped quartersawn maple neck has a comfortable contoured heel, satin lacquer finish and PosiflexGäó graphite support rods; the compound-radius rosewood fingerboard (9.5"-14") has 20 medium jumbo frets and stylish white pearloid block position inlays.

Other premium features include dual Fender Select Jazz Bass single-coil pickups, active/passive mini-toggle switch, master volume knob and pickup pan knob, three-band active EQ (treble, mid and bass boost/cut knobs), three-ply parchment pickguard, high-mass vintage-style bridge (strings-through-body or top-load), vintage-style tuners with tapered shafts, and Fender Select headstock medallion.

Features
Alder body with flame maple top and hand-stained Tobacco Sunburst finish
Modern "C"-shaped quartersawn maple neck withcontoured heel
Compound-radius rosewood fingerboard (9.5"-14")
20 medium jumbo frets with white pearloid block position inlays.
Dual Fender Select Jazz Bass single-coil pickups
Active/passive mini-toggle switch, master volume knob and pickup pan knob
Three-band active EQ (treble, mid and bass boost/ cut knobs)
3-ply parchment pickguard
High-mass vintage-style bridge (string-through-body or top-load)
Vintage-style tuners with tapered shafts
Fender Select headstock medallion
Includes Fender Select Tweed Case
SPECIFICATIONS
Series: Fender Select
Body Material: Alder with Flame Maple Top
Body Finish: Hand-Stained with Gloss-Lacquer Top Coat
Neck: Graphite Reinforced Quartersawn Maple, Modern "C"-Shape
Neck Finish: Satin-Lacquer Back, Gloss-Lacquer Front
Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5"-14" (24.1 cm-35.56 cm) Compound Radius
Frets: 20, Medium Jumbo
Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
String Nut: Synthetic Bone
Truss Rod: Modern Heel Adjust
Pickups: Fender Select Jazz Bass Single-Coil (Bridge and Neck)
Pickup Switching: Pan Pot
Tuning Machines: Fender/Hipshot Vintage Keys with Tapered Shafts
Controls: Master Volume, Pan Control, Three-Band Active EQ with Treble Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut and Mid Boost/Cut
Control Knobs: Jazz Bass Knobs
Bridge: High Mass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
Hardware: Chrome
Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (Gauges .045-.100)
Other Features: Neck Heel Contour, Fender Select Headstock Medallion, Stealth "A" String Retainer
Special Electronics: Active/Passive Mini-Toggle Switch
Case/Gig Bag: Fender Select Tweed Case

New bass forces sale so sale preferred although might consider trade for a 212 cab + cash my way.

Based in Swindon, you are very welcome to come try it out.
£995 (price drop).

Please see my feedback on here if you have any reservations.

Thanks for looking
Freddie

Edited by Freddie75

• 1 year later...