Why become a member? ×

Does anyone else get like this whilst playing?

ChunkyMunky

I used to play for 2 or 3 hours straight on a daily basis a long time ago but now I'm at a stage that I can't play for more than 15 minutes without feeling utterly drained. I took a big break as soon as I started working 60 hours a week but even on my days off, I feel tired whilst playing. Said aforementioned break must have been 6 months or so.

Strangely enough, it's the complete opposite when I'm up on the stage. Any ideas?

Standard.

Lost count of the times I've fallen asleep playing at home!! Same as the OP long hours running your own business and 2 young kids takes its toll I guess. You get the adrenalin at Gigs though don't you.

I did used to get a bit down about it but my brother showed me an interview with Mark Knopfler, you know where they ask him why is he so good. He says "...it's just hours and hours of playing. Just always wanting to play.. Playing until you fall asleep with the damn thing." Or words to that effect.
Made me feel better🙂

You're working 60 hours a week and you're wondering why you're tired?
Obviously you get a whack of andrenaline when you're I stage... I've always found that the effect is more profound when you're feeing particularly knacked. If I've felt great I haven't noticed the stage high as much. Then you'll probably feel even worse when you come down the day after a gig.