Why become a member? ×

Putting a value on your bass

Funky Dunky

How? Ebay has such a wide array of differing values for one of my basses, some seem like a snip, others appear to be talking nonsense. How does one obtain an accurate valuation for one's plank? Or is it a case of "it's worth whatever someone wants to pay for it"? I'm interested to know what my kit and caboodle is worth. I don't want to waste my time or anyone else's by putting it on at an unrealistic price to see if I get any interest.

Thanks guys

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1472175152' post='3119184']
But don't you dare price it higher than the price police deem acceptable - you'll catch hell for your decadent capitalist ways ;)
[/quote]

Yes, it has to be 'mate's rates' only, for some reason... even though the majority of those interested wont actually be a mate. And for God's sake, don't make a profit - this will be seen as 'greed' and frowned upon.

If you can sell it to someone with a highly developed moral sense, so much the better. Try and find out [i]before [/i]selling. Above all, you want the buyer to think you're a really nice guy.

:biggrin:

Edited by discreet