Why become a member? ×

My favourite band at 16 was...

interpol52

I am 41. When I was 16 I used to love this, I had it on VHS and cassette. They were a strange band in retrospect, after King For a Day I tuned out but I still enjoyed watching this tonight. I loved Mr Bungle too!

[media]http://youtu.be/nennHnQiBGo[/media]

So who were your favourite band at 16?

Edited by interpol52

At sixteen I was just coming out of my metal phase (fave bands were Maiden, Anthrax and Megadeth) and entering my indie phase (Dinosaur Jr, Pixies & Wedding Present).

Although pretty much from 13 onwards when asked I've always given my favourite band as The Ramones.

Ah, 16.

Tubular Bells was probably the big thing for me back then, but I'd also just discovered Caravan, Barclay James Harvest, Capability Brown and Wishbone Ash. Was also buying a fair bit of reggae vinyl back then, mostly on the wonderful Trojan label, which was something of a fashion anomaly as I had very long hair at the time when reggae was popularly associated with skinheads. Oh those confusing teenage years :lol:

[quote name='4stringslow' timestamp='1472196836' post='3119252']
Ah, 16.

Tubular Bells was probably the big thing for me back then, but I'd also just discovered Caravan, Barclay James Harvest, Capability Brown and Wishbone Ash. Was also buying a fair bit of reggae vinyl back then, mostly on the wonderful Trojan label, which was something of a fashion anomaly as I had very long hair at the time when reggae was popularly associated with skinheads. Oh those confusing teenage years :lol:
[/quote]

Are you me? :gas:

Well perhaps not because my absolute fave was Budgie, but close enough :lol: