Why become a member? ×

Replacing Eden 410XST

moooper

I know this is hard question to answer but any ideas would give me a good start. I have an Eden 410XST and I really like the sound but the weight is really excessive and its not going to work much longer. I'm really open to any ideas to replace but keep the same kind of sound I.e. Great low B handling punch and thick low end and off course loud. I'm using a Genzler Magellan 800 currently. Cheers

[quote name='moooper' timestamp='1471981441' post='3117479']
Yeah TKS look good trying one might be a problem.
[/quote]
You mean problem as in getting hold of one? Talking about tone is difficult, but I have never looked back. Even if the specs say that the 2126 isn't that effective - a physical effect of the frequency response etc - I would say it stands well in competition with the D410XLT. Eden measures at 1 kHz and TKS has three measuring frequencies. The cab goes LOW, so you can back off the low eq on your amp to gain headroom. But the icing on the cake is the 6" mid woofer that delivers the essentials in the bass tone. My cabs are without tweeters; no need for that. And 25 kg! 55 lbs! That's nice.

Yes getting hold of one or trying one out. Thanks for the info on the tks. It's clear that 12 inch speakers are a recent improvement although in 25 years I've never played a cab with them. I'm not a big gear guy I really don't like music shops so tend to be fairly ignorant of new advances. But lightweight is one thing I really need to do.