Why become a member? ×

SOLD THANK YOU Ernie Ball Musicman Sterling USA trans Purple £800
£800

bumnote

My band is retiring at the end of the year and I am not going to be playing much any more..

I have a number of basses that reluctantly will be for sale, and im not really interested in trades, so

Music Man Sterling USA, in transparent purple. Comes with official Music Man Sterling case.

Very much the unsung hero against the sting ray, as in addition to the normal treble/bass/middle active preamp, iit has a three position switch to obtain further tones. 1 1/2 neck so would suit Jazz Bass players.

I bought this new from the gallery a few years ago.

Its in very good condition, probably 9 out of 10 with no obvious dents or dinks. The tuners are nickel and show some signs of ageing.

Would not be to keen to courier, and i would be prepared to travel a bit to or meet up to make sure there is no transit damage and new owner is happy

Edited by bumnote

[quote name='Damonjames' timestamp='1471991506' post='3117575']
I do wish I hadn't seen this... I just love the sterling basses.

At least it's not trans purple with White HH or I'd be in REAL trouble!!

GLWTS
[/quote]

^erm... It is trans purple is it not??? Sorry about that... Good luck with the Gas!

Lovely bass OP BTW. I keep looking at it longingly myself..

Edited by TommyK

[quote name='TommyK' timestamp='1472012197' post='3117631']

^erm... It is trans purple is it not??? Sorry about that... Good luck with the Gas!

Lovely bass OP BTW. I keep looking at it longingly myself..
[/quote]

I meant if it was this colour with white pickups and the neck humbucker, I'd have to sell one of the kids!!

[quote name='Damonjames' timestamp='1472029409' post='3117746']
I meant if it was this colour with white pickups and the neck humbucker, I'd have to sell one of the kids!!
[/quote]

I can get a new white pickguard and pickup cover :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just can't believe this is still here. There is also a lovely sunburst one that has been up for sale as long as I have had mine.

Absolutely CRACKING basses these, don't know why they are hanging around so long! In this rare colour especially.

Not sure if this applies to your sterling, but the rumours are that the trans finishes have the better quality grain woods, and therefore are a little warmer sounding than the solid colour finishes. I would say that I agree, I can get a warmer more mellow sound out of my trans red ray5 than my sterling which is solid black, although I suppose you could argue that the larger mass of the 5 string neck may have something to do with that.

Either way, if I had the cash I'd snap it up, it hey ho!! GLWTS!!

• 5 weeks later...