Why become a member? ×

Band Merchandise - What you got?

Schnozzalee

Just wanted to see what cool stuff people have got from Gigs etc?

I've got...

A towel and pick from Mike Duda of WASP
A printed canvass signed by Jack Bruce
An album signed by Chris Squire ('Fish out of Water)

and then T-Shirts from the following - Jethro Tull, Whitesnake, Iron Maiden, Bob Dylan, Jack Bruce and Thunder. So not so remarkable.

A friend of mine has Keith Moon's Drumsticks...That's the best I know of.

What you got?

Edited by Schnozzalee

Recently I've started regretting never buying/collecting merch at all the gigs I've been to. However, that's usually because I've spent all my money on tickets and beer...

This summer I saw Steve Vai, Neil Young and Jane's Addiction all within the space of a week. I made sure I had T-Shirts from all of them!

I've got loads of gig T-Shirts that I've bought over the years, so many that most of them are stored in boxes in the loft. The oldest one I've got is from the first Asia gig at Wembley in 1982.
Got a few different Rick Neilson plectrums from various Cheap Trick gigs.
A couple of backstage passes & a plectrum from David Gilmour.
The plectrum I used when I played with Todd Rundgren in London in 1994, and also a couple of teabags that he gave me.
I also had a condom that Todd gave me that I swore I'd never use but needs must... :)

Got quite a lot of signed stuff too, my favourite of which is probably a Talas album that Billy Sheehan signed "To Rhys from William" :)

This is good timing. Just found my Van Halen tshirt from 93 this morning so am wearing that. Even better, I skived school that day to get the bus from Edinburgh to Burmingham for the gig, ran quick, got to the front row and was right in front of Michael Anthony all night. He opened a can of Hieneken, took one slug and gave it to me. I cherished thy beat up beer can for years but one year my mum threw it out when she was clearing out her attic! Couldn't believe it. It was my favourite posession!

I got a plectrum from Steve Vai, from his 2001 gig at the Astoria which is his live dvd, I saw him about to do the rock star pick flick, stuck up my hand and it just hit me in the palm!!! Managed to hold on too, catch in a million!! Proudly framed and on the wall.

I was lucky enough to have acquired Stiff Little Fingers Flags and Emblems tour back drop (I worked with their tour manager on another project) at that time they were still playing some very big venues so this back drop must have been 20ft x 20ft so far too bug to display anywhere, at some point it must have got put in the old shed where it was fine until the roof finally rotted away...when I finally replaced the shed I found the rotted remains still on a shelf at the back....a piece of memorabilia sadly lost forever now :(

:( I've had to save Mike Duda's towel a few times and now I've put a fake spider from the Early Learning Centre in it, just in case.

Always buy shirts - Especially if they're £20, as that's not much more than something in TK Maxx.

I forgot my Judas Priest shirts!! I wish I'd stored them in a suitcase, but I wear them all the time.

Poster for American Bang (now the Cadillac 3) opening for Chrissie Hynde and The Pretenders at the Fillmore West in 2009, framed with my backstage pass.

Stash of blues festival t-shirts to wear to future blues festivals.

But the best is my t-shirt from Kyla Brox / Virgil & the Accelerators at the Garrick in Stockport last year. One-off charity fund-raiser, I was the promoter and it doubled as my 60th birthday party :)

I went to a gig the other day where the Tshirts were more than the price of admission.

Have to be honest, that takes the p!ss in my view. Especially when they were probably made on a sweatshop and will last about five washes.

As you were ...

My mum moved house recently and found a bunch of old tour programmes of mine from the 80's, best one was Spike Milligan with his autograph on it. Gave them to a friend to sell on Ebay to raise money for the mental health charity his wife founded.

[quote name='simes' timestamp='1471766795' post='3115591']
My mum moved house recently and found a bunch of old tour programmes of mine from the 80's, best one was Spike Milligan with his autograph on it. Gave them to a friend to sell on Ebay to raise money for the mental health charity his wife founded.
[/quote]

Good man.