Why become a member? ×

John Wetton

fezzza

So very sad to hear this. Such a great bass player. Playing along to those first two Asia albums in the early 80s was a huge part of my teaching myself to play the bass. Loved his tone, loved his voice, love his playing... a real loss to the prog and bass playing community. RIP John.

I sanded some wood floors for John many moons ago,when he lived just outside godalming.An absolutely lovely down to earth bloke.signed all my asia albums and even let me have a blast on a new bass he was trying out for ibanez at the time.he was very humble in the fact that he thanked me for buying his records!! A very great loss as a person and to the bass world.rip John x

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1471744060' post='3115533']
He was on Fearless, as well as Bandstand. Just the 2 albums unfortunately. Ric Grech and John Weider played on the other albums
[/quote]

Apart from "It's Only A Movie", which was Jim Cregan.

Saddened to hear that he's gone. Saw him with Asia a few years ago (not really my sort of thing), who were on the same bill as Family. Struck me as a shame that "Family" didn't get him up for one.