Why become a member? ×

Silent bass anyone?

wizbat

Thought these are a liitle bit different.
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Silent-Acoustic-Guitars-Basses-Right-Left-Handed_W0QQitemZ290264924756QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290264924756&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Silent-Acoustic-Guit...id=p3286.c0.m14[/url]

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='299121' date='Oct 4 2008, 08:40 AM']I can practice silently with my bass unplugged or using the tascam headphone/mp3 thing I can't see what the problem is that these basses are supposed to solve. :huh:
Any ideas? :)[/quote]

I know that the Aria one benefits in as much as you can take the body frame apart for easy storage/transport.

I must say I am slightly confused by his payment terms (in bold at the end of the listing)... is the bass £150 or £160? :huh:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='299137' date='Oct 4 2008, 09:22 AM']I know that the Aria one benefits in as much as you can take the body frame apart for easy storage/transport.

I must say I am slightly confused by his payment terms (in bold at the end of the listing)... is the bass £150 or £160? :)[/quote]

Something fishy about his blurb about payments. What's this ebay policy about ebay not releasing the funds to me until you have received them and left me positive feedback? - Surely that can't be right??

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='299121' date='Oct 4 2008, 08:40 AM']I can practice silently with my bass unplugged or using the tascam headphone/mp3 thing I can't see what the problem is that these basses are supposed to solve. :huh:

it's not really good internet form to quote from a PM without permission, but I think this is fairly uncontroversial:

[quote]Leaving aside the tone, it can do certain things that most other basses can't. It's more portable (I can sling it on my back and carry it comfortably on my bike), you can plug headphones directly into the output jack, the headless design makes it perfect for gigs in small spaces, and I always, without fail, get people coming up to me after gigs to talk about it.[/quote]

Note that the owner discussed the tone in a previous paragraph, and, in short, he likes it.

[quote name='Hamster' post='299155' date='Oct 4 2008, 09:53 AM']Something fishy about his blurb about payments. What's this ebay policy about ebay not releasing the funds to me until you have received them and left me positive feedback? - Surely that can't be right??[/quote]

Fraid so! That is the latest eBay/PayPal sh*te. :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='299137' date='Oct 4 2008, 09:22 AM']I know that the Aria one benefits in as much as you can take the body frame apart for easy storage/transport.[/quote]

Yeh, I have the Aria Sinsonido and it's chiefly intended as a travel bass. Broken down, it fits into a padded bag about 48" x 9" x 2" and weighs only a few pounds. Stick some lightweight headphones in the bag and you have a bass that you can take on any journey/holiday, play silently when you want to practise, or take on-stage in an emergency.

It's a clever piece of kit, but mine's for sale at the moment because (the usual story) it just doesn't get enough action.

I'm about to release a silent microphone - you can sing into it and nothing happens. Prices start from £99.

PS if anyone has any broken mics can they send them to me :huh: :huh:

it shouldnt be silent if you're playing unplugged, you should be able to hear but quitely. these are actually silent unplugged (so i've heard).

i quite like the way these look, they're a bit different.