Why become a member? ×

I wrote a book about being in a covers band

Dave Vader

[quote name='Raymondo' timestamp='1471433477' post='3113006']
You deserve it mate.....really fun read and would make a great tv series....I am one of the many 5star review givers on Amazon.
[/quote]

They tried it on US TV. It was about a wedding band. Bloody awful.

Blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1473206530' post='3128048']

Blue
[/quote]

If they followed the book's plot and acted decently It would be funny. I am not saying world wide "friends" funny (though I never liked that show) but certainly here in the UK there would be a lot of band members giggling along. :)

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1473206530' post='3128048']

Blue
[/quote]

Just out of curiousity Blue, have you read the book? And does it work in the USA? I'm not too sure my overly British humour would work, and if the situations would cross the atlantic too well.

Not sure whether to start pushing it in the US or if it would be a massive waste of time?

No worries if you haven't, just looking for a US perspective.

• 2 months later...

I think that it's close enough to Christmas to suggest that this would be a very good present, either to yourself, if you've not yet a copy, or to someone around you that you really, really like a lot. A great read; not quite in the 'Tolstoy' category of modern literature, perhaps, but direct, straight writing, telling it just as it is. It's not 'cheap', it's 'inexpensive'. Order now to be delivered in time; I think they'll gift-wrap, if you ask 'em.
Go on; you know it makes sense. ;)

[quote name='mingsta' timestamp='1480289186' post='3183183']
Good stuff. I'll get myself a copy. Is there a chapter dedicated to music stands?
[/quote]

That wouldn't merit a whole chapter, perhaps, but there are many 'passing shots' that you'll instantly recognise..! Much more than that, too, of course.

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1473413107' post='3129905']

Just out of curiousity Blue, have you read the book? And does it work in the USA? I'm not too sure my overly British humour would work, and if the situations would cross the atlantic too well.

Not sure whether to start pushing it in the US or if it would be a massive waste of time?

[/quote]

Funny is funny. For that American TV series about a wedding band that was very short lived. My 1st thought was, this show could not have been written by anyone who had ever been in any kind of band.

My idea, would have been to script a reality show with an actual real band.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1473413107' post='3129905']

[/quote]

No, I haven't read the book.I'm not much of a reader. However, this book has got my curiosity going and I plan on reading it.

Blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1480387109' post='3183980']
No, I haven't read the book.I'm not much of a reader. However, this book has got my curiosity going and I plan on reading it.

Blue
[/quote]

It's well worth it Blue ....very funny insight to a very large part of the scene here in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Don't know if I already mentioned this, but I 'paid forward' my copy to the hotel myself and mrs LK1975 went to on honeymoon last year.

So Dave, there is a copy of your book on the bookshelf in the Rendevous resort, St. Lucia.

No Doubt, it's a lot warmer than I am right now. :lol:

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1487939729' post='3244355']
A new career on the go. You might be hanging up your bass now that you're a writer.
[/quote]

Why yes, I made nearly £8 from book sales last month,
;)

(Please tell your friends you enjoyed it - otherwise I'll have to keep playing Mustang Sally to idiots forever)
:)