Why become a member? ×

I wrote a book about being in a covers band

Dave Vader

On 06/03/2020 at 12:07, Dave Vader said:

I don't think I've dredged up enough of the misery of playing the summer festival circuit yet, there's a mine of jokes there.

'Bigtown Fair' - I wonder where that might be?

🤔

• 9 months later...
I know I don't post here as often as I used to - mostly because it turns out this writing lark takes up most of your free time

On the other hand, I appreciate the support I get from this community on the rare occasions I get to play some music.

That said, I'm plugging stuff again, I've got a new book out today, bit different from the last, so under the name D.A. Holwill
It's a Folk Horror, called Wicker Dogs set in my home county of Devon and it's only 99p this week if you're bored and fancy a read

Thanks all, and sorry for the shameless self-promotion
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Dave Vader said:
I know I don't post here as often as I used to - mostly because it turns out this writing lark takes up most of your free time

On the other hand, I appreciate the support I get from this community on the rare occasions I get to play some music.

That said, I'm plugging stuff again, I've got a new book out today, bit different from the last, so under the name D.A. Holwill
It's a Folk Horror, called Wicker Dogs set in my home county of Devon and it's only 99p this week if you're bored and fancy a read

Thanks all, and sorry for the shameless self-promotion

Does this book still have your sense of humour running thru it or have you gone for a more serious book this time. ?

Just read the Amazon write up and its sounds like a proper serious book. I do enjoy your books but its the humour that draws me in.

Dave 

2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Does this book still have your sense of humour running thru it or have you gone for a more serious book this time. ?

Just read the Amazon write up and its sounds like a proper serious book. I do enjoy your books but its the humour that draws me in.

Dave 

It's still got gags Dave, but the different Author name is to make sure the horror element is obvious, and not to accidentally pick up the rom-com audience I've already got.

I can't help making jokes - whether they're meant to be there or not.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dave Vader said:

It's still got gags Dave, but the different Author name is to make sure the horror element is obvious, and not to accidentally pick up the rom-com audience I've already got.

I can't help making jokes - whether they're meant to be there or not.

Excellent Dave. I'll order today from Amazon. Means i can have the full collection LOL

Thanks

Dave

• Like 1