Why become a member? ×

I wrote a book about being in a covers band

Dave Vader

5 hours ago, Dave Vader said:

(I didn't think I'd be in to the kindle thing either, until my wife bought me one a few years ago and the 4 hour train journey to London and back was so much easier to get through, honestly, try it.)

I'm not a fan of downloady type things Dave. Stems from when i bought vinyl and you got a package that you read and feel in your hands. I eventually succumbed to CD which is now my preferred way of listening to music.

Because of that 70's mentality i still like to have a book in my hands. I feel as tho i've actually bought something..........plus it fills a space on the bookshelf that was just lying empty waiting for the right book. That book will be yours.:lol:

Dave

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have, as requested, gotten on with it

Weekend Rockstars 2: The Ballad Of Fat Labrador is very much available today

Here's the paperback link, since amazon have failed to link it to the ebook

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Weekend-Rockstars-Ballad-Fat-Labrador/dp/171256787X/

And here's your ebooks https://mybook.to/fatlabrador

Thanks to all of you for your kindness and support - I put BC in the acknowledgements this time round.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just wanted to say 'Thanks'. I had some truly awful news back around Christmas time and around the same time, I spotted this thread and bought your book. Long story short, the two events conspired to inspire, and I've almost finished my own first go at writing a book, as a direct response to reading yours. The whole process has been a great help in many ways. So thanks :)

• Like 2

On 31/01/2020 at 18:06, dmccombe7 said:

I'm not a fan of downloady type things Dave. Stems from when i bought vinyl and you got a package that you read and feel in your hands. I eventually succumbed to CD which is now my preferred way of listening to music.

Because of that 70's mentality i still like to have a book in my hands. I feel as tho i've actually bought something..........plus it fills a space on the bookshelf that was just lying empty waiting for the right book. That book will be yours.:lol:

Dave

On 02/02/2020 at 15:50, Dave Vader said:

The days of there being space on my bookshelves are long gone, I envy you :)

I'm afraid that there is just no more room in our house for any more physical books - me and the missus have both got kindles and never looked back

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I finished The Ballad of Fat Labrador on the Tube this morning, and I'm genuinely sad it's over. I had this after reading the first instalment too. You really have a way with characters, and I'm going to miss them on my morning commute.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dave Vader said:

Thanks Nick.

There's a small possibility of dragging another book out of them at some point.

I don't think I've dredged up enough of the misery of playing the summer festival circuit yet, there's a mine of jokes there.

YES YES YES. I'm keeping my recent purchase for my weeks holiday in Sept.

• Like 1

On 11/03/2020 at 19:13, Dave Vader said:

Thanks mep, weather's looking up for your holiday now as well.

Thanks Dave. Getting stuck in whilst holidaying in the Scillies with the start of social distancing. Weather is ok.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...