Why become a member? ×

I wrote a book about being in a covers band

Dave Vader

1 hour ago, Dave Vader said:

I've got some news for anyone who enjoyed Weekend Rockstars

first-preview-ads_orig.jpg

The sequel is very nearly done

And to celebrate the imminent release, the first one is heavily discounted over at amazon

Plus you can get the first chapter of the new one for free if you sign up to my mailing list

All the information you could ever want is over on my blog

http://davedoesntwriteanythingever.blogspot.com/2019/12/exciting-news-for-artful-badgers-fans.html

Apologies for the spammy post, and not being around much - day job is stupid busy at the moment, and now I've got a deadline for a novel I haven't actually quite finished yet....

Will be back to normal soon

I'll be getting my order in for the follow up. 1st one was a great read and the 2nd sounds like its gonna be just as much fun.

Dave

• Like 2

Like @Raymondo i've bought all 3 books and thoroughly enjoyed them all so i won't be disappointed with another. Most books i've ever read from any one author except my wife's Terry Pratchet stuff that i occasionally read on holiday mainly because they are there.

My point is you need to write more books so i have yours lying around on holidays. Aim for same number as Terry P and i'll be happy. :laugh1:

Dave

• Like 2

On 06/12/2019 at 19:16, dmccombe7 said:

Like @Raymondo i've bought all 3 books and thoroughly enjoyed them all so i won't be disappointed with another. Most books i've ever read from any one author except my wife's Terry Pratchet stuff that i occasionally read on holiday mainly because they are there.

My point is you need to write more books so i have yours lying around on holidays. Aim for same number as Terry P and i'll be happy. :laugh1:

Dave

That's high praise indeed and a lot of work to do

Terry is something very special (here's the thing I wrote about him when he died, in case you missed it)

Also thanks for you reviews on amazon, very helpful indeed. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave Vader said:

Terry is something very special (here's the thing I wrote about him when he died, in case you missed it)

Read it, and felt the need to comment, just annoyed I missed it at the time :(

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dave Vader said:

I did miss it but great read too.

So looking forward to the new book Dave. Love your writing style. Just makes me laugh.

Dave

• Like 1

Made a start on Weekend Rockstars last night very enjoyable and well written, looking forward to reading my way through the others. I'd been looking for ward to something other than the usual stuff I read, this is a very welcome change. Keep em coming.

Edited by dave moffat
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Weekend Rockstars. Really enjoyed it. I'll be getting some Fat Labrador soon. Got the Bovey Jovey name as it's not far from where I live. All the band names are good. Can't have been easy making them up when just choosing 1 for a band is always difficult. I was trying to work out which town it could have been or inspired by and shortlisted Exmouth,  Teignmouth or Barnstable?

• Like 1

On 30/12/2019 at 18:36, mep said:

Just finished Weekend Rockstars. Really enjoyed it. I'll be getting some Fat Labrador soon. Got the Bovey Jovey name as it's not far from where I live. All the band names are good. Can't have been easy making them up when just choosing 1 for a band is always difficult. I was trying to work out which town it could have been or inspired by and shortlisted Exmouth,  Teignmouth or Barnstable?

A lot of those band names are bands I've been in over the years and the rest are ones I've been trying to get used by bands who don't like my band names.

Barnstaple is in there, yeah, but the actual winner is Bideford - where I spent my formative years. Locals will recognise all the pubs - as long as they're old enough to remember them before they closed.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
If you're still on the fence about this book of mine then you can get it FOR FREE

For the next week or two if you subscribe to my mailing list here

I don't mind one bit if you then immediately unsubscribe, and it's got that preview chapter in the back of it as well

What have you got to lose?
Nothing
That's what.

Enjoy your free book

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Still waiting for a hard copy of the follow up Dave. Any idea when that's coming out. I'm not into the kindle thing. I like real books that i can hold in my hands :laugh1:

Dave

Ditto !

I have enjoyed all your books so far...I want my hard copy!:tatice_03:

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Still waiting for a hard copy of the follow up Dave. Any idea when that's coming out. I'm not into the kindle thing. I like real books that i can hold in my hands :laugh1:

Dave

The hard copy will be available at exactly the same time as the ebook, it's just Amazon don't allow pre-orders on hard copy due to people setting the whole thing up, then forgetting all about it.

It's a lot less hassle for them if many people complain about a blank ebook than having sent out 100s of blank sheets of paper.

Fret ye not chaps, you'll be able to order it for as cheap as I can make it (in the first week at least) as of Valentines Day - which I think is a fortnight today. In all honesty, it'll probably be a few days earlier as Amazon have stung me before by keeping the paperback in review for 72 hours when it's usually pretty instant, and I would like people to be able to order it on the day Ive been advertising everywhere for the last few months.

(I didn't think I'd be in to the kindle thing either, until my wife bought me one a few years ago and the 4 hour train journey to London and back was so much easier to get through, honestly, try it.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1