Why become a member? ×

I wrote a book about being in a covers band

Dave Vader

[quote name='peteb' timestamp='1471002425' post='3109903'] One thing - without giving any spoilers, to what extent is the main character autobiographical?? [/quote]

I am still on my first wife, and have no biological children - two stepkids both grown up and gone now. I'm also quite tall with a lot of hair (and I was a good 5 years younger than him when I started it, crept up a bit since then though). So the baldy double divorcee with kids is in no way me. I've also been playing in bands since I was 12, rather than taking it up late like him. Saying that we have both done a lot of the same stuff, but the main answer is no, not very much at all.
He's an amalgamation of a lot of people I have played in bands with over the last few decades.

I got the Kindle version,and have finished it in only two sittings, it was that good !
There's certainly a fair few uncomfortably familiar moments in it for all the weekend warriors out there.

[spoiler]I especially loved Bill and his constant quest for 'The Sound' - I was quite worried you'd run out of guitars for him ![/spoiler]

A great read, I'll be recommending it to all my musically-inclined friends.

[quote name='simes' timestamp='1471174092' post='3110961']
Just finished it and it really is a rather excellent read, being able to relate to much of the narrative made it doubly enjoyable for me.

Nice one fella :)
[/quote]

+1

Really enjoyed it.

You lot are actually proper lovely - thanks so much for all the niceness (the paper is good and soft discreet, just in case).

Can I be really cheeky and ask if you can give it a nice review on amazon if you did like it? I need all the help I can get getting it up (ooer missus) the rankings (again, ooer).

Thanks even more if you can. :)