Why become a member? ×

I wrote a book about being in a covers band

Dave Vader

Took me a while, but I finally published my book today, it's about being in a pub covers band and is quite funny.

Apologies if I'm breaking any forum rules by posting this, but I thought you guys might be interested.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Weekend-Rockstars-Dave-Holwill-ebook/dp/B01JWTBJ2W

Sorry for spammy self-promotion.... as you were.

While I'm here editing links, here's my second novel, The Craft Room - more sorry for spam.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Craft-Room-Dave-Holwill-ebook/dp/B074XFDJR2

Edited by Dave Vader
Links were broken

I have to give this a read. My friend is a studio musician and between us we have loads of antics and stories about people and situations that we both desperately want to write down. Most of ours revolve around actually 'being there' and seeing what happened so when we are both old miserable buggers we are going to write a sitcom along the lines of The Detectorists. :D

I love you all- really - thanks.

There was an early draft with a chapter involving a bass forum that might seem eerily familiar, but it got cut to a paragraph, and is only a glancing mention now. I did nick some horror stories off here and some other forums though - if you recognise yours give me a shout and I'll give you the credit.

:)

[quote name='Dave Vader' timestamp='1470913311' post='3109298']
I love you all- really - thanks.

There was an early draft with a chapter involving a bass forum that might seem eerily familiar, but it got cut to a paragraph, and is only a glancing mention now. I did nick some horror stories off here and some other forums though - if you recognise yours give me a shout and I'll give you the credit.

:)
[/quote]

Gotta tell you, even without that early draft the first couple of chapters contain enough Basschat references to qualify as 'eerie' ... I've certainly had a couple of belly laughs so far.