Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Goth Thunderbird IV & Washburn Taurus
£290

The Badderer

[font=Helvetica][size=2][size=3]I’m finally getting round to selling my 1st 2 basses I ever played. They have been well looked after. Both in good working condition. The strings are old on both of them, but I didn’t see the point in changing the strings and charging a bit more for the bass when you’ll probably put your own strings on it anyway.

I am going back to the USA in 2 weeks so if they don’t sell before then I’ll box them back up and sell them again in 10 months time.

You’re welcome to come and try them, but at present I don’t have an amp to try them with as my amps are with a friend who is selling them for me. Please bring your own amp.
*N.B. You can hear the bass through a preamp and headphones, but if you want to hear it live in a room you’ll need an amp.[/size][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=2][size=3]I’m currently in Devon, but in the next week I will make a trip to Dorset. [/size][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=2][size=3]Epiphone Gothic Thunderbird IV - £190 INCLUDING SHIPPING[/size][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=2][size=3]Totally reliable workhorse. Thunderous bottom end. I played some pretty epic gigs with this bass and it never missed a beat (although my playing probably did).

This bass has the standard neck dive associated with basses of this shape. I used a leather strap that was quite wide and gripped my back. That minimised the neck dive and I never got tired playing during a set.[/size][/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=2][size=3]Here’s the blurb:
The pickguard is dressed up with a Celtic cross while the black-on-black hardware and satin black finish give it a decidedly dark demeanor. Two Thunderbird Plus pickups provide appropriate growl.[/size][/size][/font]
[indent=1][size=3][b]Specifications - Epiphone Gothic Thunderbird[/b][/size][/indent]

[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=3][size=3]Mahogany body [/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=3][size=3]34"-scale hard maple neck [/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=3][size=3]Rosewood fretboard [/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=3][size=3]1-1/2" nut width [/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=3][size=3]Gothic inlay at the 12th fret [/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=3][size=3]Celtic cross on pickguard [/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=3][size=3]Black hardware [/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=3][size=3]2 Thunderbird Plus pickups

Washburn Taurus - £100 INCLUDING SHIPPING.[/size][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#292929][font=Arial][size=3][size=3]Classic PJ configuration pickups. Works great. Plays great. No idea why these sell so cheap. Makes a great sound.
Nothing more to say. The neck plays so well I wanted to keep it and make it into a project bass and upgrade the pickups but I never had time.[/size][/size][/font][/color]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi. Sorry for late reply. Been very busy here in US. The Taurus is still available if you are interested still. Please PM me if you are. No worries if you've found something else, I've been off grid for 3 weeks. I'll be out of contact until Tuesday as off into the wilds for 3 days.

they're both back in the UK. I never had a chance to take pics before I left. I was just going to leave them on here in case someone wanted one. I'll see if I can get someone to send me photos of them while I'm over here so I can upload them. I'll be back in June so will add photos then. If someone's interested I can also arrange pictures to be taken.