Why become a member? ×

Holiday Impulse Buys (or how to bring a bass back from the USA)

tonyf

[quote name='geofio' timestamp='1470723821' post='3107858']
I purchased a Guitar last year in Las Vegas, i just took it on to my return flight in a gig bag and the stewardess put it in her personal locker for me !!! we were upstairs on a virgin Jumbo, and no one even looked twice, at the customs when we got home a customs officer called me over and wanted to know what all the signatures all over the gig bag were , they were from the guys at the rock vault show lol, he loved the autographs, never even bothered about the guitar at all. just bring it home.
[/quote]

Amazing!

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1470736523' post='3107987']
I'm in the same boat but I won't be buying a guitar/bass as I've got enough (and if I did it would be a guitar as they are FAR smaller).

I will also be loving the theme parks, which is probably pretty sad, but honestly, our attempt at theme parks in this country are pretty shoddy compared to Harry Potter at Universal.

But, I MAY get a few effects pedals. Some of them are much cheaper over there.

Does anyone know if Boss pedals work ok from the US when brought here? I want one of the new CE-2W's which are currently rising in price a fair bit here.
[/quote]
Yes, but obviously you need a different Ac adaptor

[quote name='hubrad' timestamp='1470688539' post='3107741']

I really wouldn't say that; if the US guys think you've been working illegally they'll probably kick you out even though you're leaving, and you'll not be welcome to return!
[/quote]

Work ? Paid? ............. Tell them you played for handjobs. That will distract them.