Why become a member? ×

Scott Whitley SWB-1 Standard Active Short Scale Bass **SOLD**
£568

jaccjazz

Sale price: £449.00 including hard case.

Jump the Queue!
These can be ordered from Scott Whitely website on PREORDER. So you would have to wait.
This one is available here and now, new, unblemished, just as I received it from Scott. The cost from Scott's website would be £499.00 plus another £69.00 for the case, a total of £568.00.

It took rather longer than the preorder time to come so in the meantime I got something else (a couple of something’s actually) and so now I have to cull what I’ve got. This is brand new so is the best candidate. It has remained in the case since I got it, coming out only for the occasional try out.

The SWB-1 Standard is a professional, modern-sounding short scale bass at an affordable price. I believe it has a similar spec to the one Scott Whitley uses himself.

This one has a mahogany body which is lighter that the ash alternative (according to Scott) and is active. It also comes with a hard case which would ordinarily cost an extra £69.

Sale price: £449.00 plus free hard case. Shipping at buyers expense.

So you get the whole shebang for £50 off the bass itself, a free case, and you don’t have to wait.

[b]Specs:[/b]
Body: Solid Mahogany
Neck: Maple
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Scale: 30.75inches
Bridge: Heavy Chrome – 18mm string spacing
Pickups: Single Coil Jazz
Tuners: Chrome Gotoh style
Active Controls: Vol/Bass/Treble with EMG 2 band Eq
Dimension: 120 x 15 x 45 cm
Weight: 7lbs
Fretted and Right handed.

For more information and more pictures see the website:
[url="http://www.shortscalebass.co.uk/product/scott-whitley-swb-1-standard-short-scale-bass-guitar/"]http://www.shortscal...le-bass-guitar/[/url]

Edited by jaccjazz

Just a few words of encouragement to anyone interested in SWB-1 basses and this one in particular: mine is now my main gigging bass thanks to its great quality, sounds and compact, light-weight design; the weakness of the pound following the Brexit vote means that prices for imports will go up - including bass guitars bought in USD from China. In other words, now could be a good time to buy this one and bag a bargain! In fact, if my Fender Rascal sells, I'll be very tempted to add this active mahogany bass to my passive ash one.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Yes a lovely bass and in as-new condition. There is no neck dive and the neck is very easy to get around. The dimensions you want are as follows.

Width at nut: 35mm
Width at 12th fret: 50mm

I'm in Surrey near Guilford, so if you're within reach, you're welcome to come and try it out. PM me.

Regards
Peter

Hi,

The nut has slightly chamfered/angles at each side. But using my trusty tape measure I still read 35, maybe 36mm allowing for that.

To compare I measured my Warwick Corvette short scale and that's 37mm at the nut.

The SWB-1 does have a narrow neck.

Regards

Edited by jaccjazz