Why become a member? ×

'74 Precision (modded)
£1000

mojobass

Reluctantly contemplating parting ways with my trusty '74! I love this bass and have gigged it for a coupl e of years and will miss it but being skint and a tax bill forces my hand.
First of this is not a museum piece! It's a true players bass.
Prior to me buying it it had been converted to fretless, finish stripped and modded with a battery box on the rear and an xlr socket on the front. The previous owner rectified all of this with a re-finish, re-radiussed fret board and re-feet. Evidence of the body mods can be seen through the refin but I guess a refin in a solid colour would render these invisible! The neck and body are '74, as is the bridge and machineheads. The pup is dated '78 and pots are newer. When I got it it had a dimarzio jazz pup at the bridge but was on an angle (it was a neck pup), I didn't like that so I had a humbucker routed in its place (genuine fender pup) the pickguard is newer as the original one had an extra hole fro a vol pot but had been filled, I'll include it anyhow) controls are vol/tone with a 3way mini toggle selector giving neck/neck&bridge/bridge layout. Despite its battle scars it's a lovely bass to play and sounds awesome! It also has a brass nut. Comes with a 70's case (don't think it's a fender one as there's no logo)