Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='cheddatom' post='549015' date='Jul 23 2009, 03:20 PM']Also, (and I know it's too big) I LOVE the wahs on the XP-100[/quote]
They only sound good with a blender on bass though, they cut all the low end and sound really clanky, except the envelope filter patch, that sounds absolutely awesome

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='549183' date='Jul 23 2009, 05:17 PM']They only sound good with a blender on bass though, they cut all the low end and sound really clanky, except the envelope filter patch, that sounds absolutely awesome[/quote]

Right, but why is anyone using a wah on bass without a blender?? Surely the whole idea of a wah is that you loose low end when your foot's all the way down?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='549759' date='Jul 24 2009, 09:25 AM']Right, but why is anyone using a wah on bass without a blender?? Surely the whole idea of a wah is that you loose low end when your foot's all the way down?[/quote]

Am I Naïve in thinking wah is just an eq sweep?

[quote name='jimijimmi' post='549932' date='Jul 24 2009, 10:58 AM']this is mine...pretty basic....

but a great board from Scott Dixon cases...!

i take a Di from the sansamp btw..so i have the amp and the sansamp goin to the desc for a blend[/quote]

It says in your sig you're a blackstar pedals endorsee, but I can't see any on your board?

Also, I would get a better PSU, one that can power them all so you only have 1 plug.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='549939' date='Jul 24 2009, 11:03 AM']It says in your sig you're a blackstar pedals endorsee, but I can't see any on your board?

Also, I would get a better PSU, one that can power them all so you only have 1 plug.[/quote]

i use blackstar in the studio and live...the board changes from time to time..the pic was taken at a time they werent on the board!

yeah i see what youre sayin about the PSU..but i can be arsed! haha

[quote name='cheddatom' post='549759' date='Jul 24 2009, 09:25 AM']Right, but why is anyone using a wah on bass without a blender?? Surely the whole idea of a wah is that you loose low end when your foot's all the way down?[/quote]

Not neccaserily, the 105q only sweeps the mids and highs, leaves the lows alone, i'd imagine other bass specific wahs are like that

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='550166' date='Jul 24 2009, 01:33 PM']Not neccaserily, the 105q only sweeps the mids and highs, leaves the lows alone, i'd imagine other bass specific wahs are like that[/quote]

Yeh, that would make sense. (what a dummy!!)

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='550353' date='Jul 24 2009, 04:16 PM']That's the Box Of Awesome!

Welcome to BC Excane, I see you're no longer able to post at TB (again)![/quote]

That the thing the TB ''elite'' have been sending around?

[quote name='wizbat' post='550436' date='Jul 24 2009, 05:33 PM']If I,m not mistaken doesn,t a certain mr Vai have one of those??.[/quote]

No doubt. It's an empty box, more or less, which as said above goes round TB elite, because they am 1337...or words to the effect.

There is far too much e-penis enlargement associated to gear, ah well c'est la vie!

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='550353' date='Jul 24 2009, 11:16 AM']That's the Box Of Awesome!

Welcome to BC Excane, I see you're no longer able to post at TB (again)![/quote]

Thanks.... yes indeed..... TB has given me the boot. Oh well. This was going to be the Box of Awesome, it is real. It's a dual TS808 tubescreamer modded for bass.

Let me see if I can find the original post on TB. If so, I'll repost it here.

[quote name='WarPig' post='550366' date='Jul 24 2009, 11:28 AM']That the thing the TB ''elite'' have been sending around?[/quote]

Not quite. I had this pedal built just for me, specifically for bass and offered it as the B.O.A. on TB.

That thread never really transpired, at least not while I was still in a "giving" mood. Doesn't really matter now. :)