Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

On 05/08/2022 at 17:31, Bassmidget209 said:

This is awesome, I keep desperately wanting to be able to make my bass into a synth. Unfortunately I play in a rock band with rather limited scope for techno bass textures. Doesn't stop me trying though 😂😂

Ha ha!! Me too! It really scares the horses doesn’t it? I need to play with people who aren’t 60+ really….

• Like 1

I finally got my Schmidt Array XDM350 board on Thursday and I've been working on it ever since. It's still not quite finished, the cable runs are very long, I think I've used some 25 feet so far! Only one more to go for the Jive and I'm fully operational!!

I also have a Noble Preamp on order, it should make it onto the board in November.

IMG20220809221141.jpg

IMG20220809123636.jpg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, bassist_lewis said:

I finally got my Schmidt Array XDM350 board on Thursday and I've been working on it ever since. It's still not quite finished, the cable runs are very long, I think I've used some 25 feet so far! Only one more to go for the Jive and I'm fully operational!!

I also have a Noble Preamp on order, it should make it onto the board in November.

IMG20220809221141.jpg

IMG20220809123636.jpg

What a belter set up!  Those Jive Pre amp pedals look tremendous from what I've seen, Gregor at Basstheworld did a really good video on them.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2022 at 23:10, Rick05 said:

Finally decided to take the plunge and get a Justin Chancellor Wah pedal and got to on the board today. Can’t wait to let this loose in a band practise.

Hopefully it’s worth the extra weight carrying it around 

Please let me know how it sits in the mix!

I don't have board space for it, but I still want it! :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thisisswanbon said:

What a belter set up!  Those Jive Pre amp pedals look tremendous from what I've seen, Gregor at Basstheworld did a really good video on them.

Yeah, its a fantastic pedal. Initially I thought it was too weird sounding to be much use, but I now end up using it more than my overdrive on wedding gigs. I use it as a compressor/boost when I'm using a pick, but with the same setting and rolling the tone off on the bass it makes a great B15 sound. The LED is horribly bright though.

On 10/08/2022 at 09:36, pantherairsoft said:

Please let me know how it sits in the mix!

I don't have board space for it, but I still want it! :)

Absolutely love it, but yes it takes up a lot of real estate on the board. 

I like that is only engaged when the rocker is down, so no switch to tap under the rocker to engage it.

The wahs are both great but much prefer the wah over the uk filter. the vintage fuzz is clear and out of all the fuzz pedals Iv tried it only comes second to the darkglass duality. 

I love how the pedal accentuates my overdrive too to give some great attack sounds.

overall loving this pedal, can’t recommend it enough 

Updated this - a smaller expression pedal for A/B switching on the Poly Octave, a Bass Blogger for fuzz. I'm still not convinced there's any point having the Q-Tron on the board as I don't use it in my current band, could fit at least couple in that space! It's only a matter of time before I try a different compressor, not really feeling the M87 - it's a bit lifeless.

I'm considering a micro mixer to combine the dry and effect outputs from the Blogger, there's a little Behringer job that would fit in the top-left corner...

20220811_221030.thumb.jpg.4cf9f814d15e7f08fc96048e64953655.jpg

• Like 3

Another change up for me. First gig with it tomorrow.

LS-2 acting as a tuner mute with Turbo Tuner on send of B

Octamizer>Cali76>BassRig>Khan VTDI

Cali76 running at 18V. IEC splitter sends power to the Khan and the GigRig Generator which powers the rest of the pedals. Khan’s DI out goes to the Rockboard XLR patch input, and the Thru jack goes to one of the 1/4” outputs if I need to use an amp. Temple USB adaptor for charging my iPad, and a spare 9v out (hanging loose at the bottom of the 2nd pic) for charging my bluetooth page turner.

BassRig will pretty much just be an OD/Amp sim, but also function as a backup DI if needed.

EA050BDF-2C85-4565-889A-68FCF9DA923A.thumb.jpeg.38163e62654a06c365142ce85ee556d9.jpeg7FC08591-1222-4B6B-99CD-A7676E41C2CD.thumb.jpeg.f66c52c19e13018dd5b737ede11057d4.jpeg

Edited by Higgie
  • Like 14

After buying a Bass VI as a guilty pleasure I thought it might be nice to have a little reverb and tremolo , so I picked up a Fender TreVerb. Then a friend suggested a little gain might be nice , and things began to snowball. 
My gigs are mostly old school blues and roots music , but this has become an enjoyable goof around.

6824A71D-A460-4E41-AAF1-21EF6671F808.jpeg

• Like 2

20220826_134137.thumb.jpg.d2d771d7d106efb89daf236783475a17.jpg

A few changes to the board... the Aguilar TLC is replaced by the Photon Death Ray and the MXR bass fuzz has been added after the Fwonkbeta. So that path on the board goes Photon, Octamizer, Fwonkbeta, Fuzz, all switchable using the Bright Onion pedal. The Supa Funk and Seamoon get a channel each on the tri mixer as they work best without compression, and the Grape Phaser, Flashback and Slo finish it off.

• Like 3

The quest for the perfect preamp/dirt box continues with the Photon. So far so good. Love the ability to have three distinct core tones, all with my favourite grit/dirt tone (The Darkglass Alpha Omega).

Photon gives me my core tones (compression, preamp, dirt, and cab sim for my direct signal), while the HX Stomp can provide me virtually any other effect that I need, without messing with my core tone at all.

751277409_2022-08-2516_32_19.thumb.jpg.36ef18d325e85b7a1c90d007cd88293a.jpg

• Like 5

My gigging board is in a Pedaltrain novo 32. The Zoom does all FoH sounds, the small preamp is just for when I use a passive bass to make sure levels don’t change from my actives too much. 

The sonicake and eq are to match my IEM feed to the foh. So any minor adjustments I make on the bass EQ to tailor what I’m hearing aren’t too disparate to the foh and match up pretty well. They also double up for if I’m running my headrush monitors instead of IEMs, giving me a bit of a ‘front end’ as it were. (I sometimes use two FRFR112 connected via the ABY switch) 
The wireless system is a cheapo job relegated to cable failure emrgency duty. 
you might’ve spotted the bespoke cable that splits off for my signal and IEM signal to the Rolls monitor amp. I didn’t like the wireless so had this made up. It’s ace! 
The others are my solo acoustic guitar gigs board, my going to rehearsals and home practice bass zoom programmed identically to my main one. And finally a zoom G7 I use for electric guitar gigs. 

CA84B0B5-AA84-4CF6-A187-DFD75F64C208.jpeg

EEFBF535-78F6-4E07-A970-B1E9DD727566.jpeg

9B770521-0FC6-4B10-B70C-C5306966D545.jpeg

1D4F22D1-BA4B-434F-9BD8-1F9CE1ACEE38.jpeg

FFEF3E0D-805F-4379-9471-E65F92D431AD.jpeg

71E16559-AF7D-4AEE-B8EC-08D077E63CD6.jpeg

Edited by gafbass02
  • Like 1

It's been over twelve months since I posted my board so I thought an update was due.

There have been a couple of small changes, but the core remains the same. Main shifts: Darkglass is gone (forever - there was always something 'lacking' with the DG pedals for me) and the SA Aftershock rocks. I upgraded my modulation hub from the Terraform to a Synesthesia, replaced a Nemesis Delay with a second Collider (allowing me stack 4 delays or 4 reverbs or any combination as needed) and my 'spare slot' changed from the Matryoshka to the Fwonkbeta. Though the Fwonk plays very well with the dirt section for some synth tones, it's a bit too 'funk' and the filters in the Synesthesia do a decent job for synthy tones as well, so I'm considering replacing this for something else in the same enclosure width - not sure what yet; probably a C4 or a Catalinbread CSIDMAN (if I can find one!).

Signal chain for those that like that kind of thing...

Input -> Boss OC-5 Octave ->

Dr. Scientist Frazz Dazzler ->

Source Audio Aftershock ->

Red Panda Bitmap 2 ->

Mr. Black Fwonkbeta ->

GFI System Synesthesia ->

Iron Ether Xerograph Deluxe (+ Moog EP-3 Expression Pedal) ->

Digitech Whammy Ricochet ->

Source Audio Collider Delay + Reverb (1) ->

Source Audio Collider Delay + Reverb (2) ->

TC Electronics Polytune 2 Mini -> Output

Everything is powered by a Cioks DC7 (which hasn't even hit the 40% load light yet - what a power supply!) and cabled with EBS gold flat patch cables. All mounted to a Pedaltrain Classic2.

IMG_5820.jpg

IMG_5821.jpg

IMG_5825.jpg

Edited by pantherairsoft
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, pantherairsoft said:

It's been over twelve months since I posted my board so I thought an update was due.

There have been a couple of small changes, but the core remains the same. Main shifts: Darkglass is gone (forever - there was always something 'lacking' with the DG pedals for me) and the SA Aftershock rocks. I upgraded my modulation hub from the Terraform to a Synesthesia, replaced a Nemesis Delay with a second Collider (allowing me stack 4 delays or 4 reverbs or any combination as needed) and my 'spare slot' changed from the Matryoshka to the Fwonkbeta. Though the Fwonk plays very well with the dirt section for some synth tones, it's a bit too 'funk' and the filters in the Synesthesia do a decent job for synthy tones as well, so I'm considering replacing this for something else in the same enclosure width - not sure what yet.

Red Panda Bitmap 2 ->

Mr. Black Fwonkbeta ->

Everything is powered by a Cioks DC7 (which hasn't even hit the 40% load light yet - what a power supply!) and cabled with EBS gold flat patch cables. All mounted to a Pedaltrain Classic2.

IMG_5820.jpg

IMG_5821.jpg

IMG_5825.jpg

That's beautiful!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pantherairsoft said:

There have been a couple of small changes, but the core remains the same. Main shifts: Darkglass is gone (forever - there was always something 'lacking' with the DG pedals for me) and the SA Aftershock rocks. I upgraded my modulation hub from the Terraform to a Synesthesia, replaced a Nemesis Delay with a second Collider (allowing me stack 4 delays or 4 reverbs or any combination as needed) and my 'spare slot' changed from the Matryoshka to the Fwonkbeta. Though the Fwonk plays very well with the dirt section for some synth tones, it's a bit too 'funk' and the filters in the Synesthesia do a decent job for synthy tones as well, so I'm considering replacing this for something else in the same enclosure width - not sure what yet.

Red Panda Bitmap 2 ->

Mr. Black Fwonkbeta ->

IMG_5820.jpg

IMG_5821.jpg

IMG_5825.jpg

What are you using the Moog expression pedal for?