Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

On 11/07/2022 at 20:49, chris7273 said:

Do I dare to post after this spectacular pedalboard ? 

made myself. Not perfect but really happy 🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.cade7e343ae539a64f12805259d1f7f6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0b3970cd22ed9aa5157afa1df7761405.jpeg

F1716BCE-FA47-4D2F-A816-CCA815329E97.thumb.jpeg.a1ee1c5158deef4d599c7841bd5c4361.jpeg

2B095A74-CCD7-4B2E-ADBF-FD5BDE3404D7.thumb.jpeg.ce2c71c76c3eb41afbb9b1c3822b57fe.jpeg

A043B3F2-F4D9-4846-8E1E-98082C7601CB.thumb.jpeg.c2da542ae4239ab37515d4bd323b567e.jpeg

What’s the case / board . That looks brilliant 

10 hours ago, funkydoug said:

What’s the case / board . That looks brilliant 

Thank you

i built it, sourcing parts from Thomann and Aliexpress. 

The case Is made of cheap 12mm plywood from the diy store

a lot of sanding (sadly not enough), one coat of sealer and two coats of black paint. 
i glued some fabric on the inner sides. 

Edited by chris7273
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chris7273 said:

Thank you

i built it, sourcing parts from Thomann and Aliexpress. 

The case Is made of cheap 12mm plywood from the diy store

a lot of sanding (sadly not enough), one coat of sealer and two coats of black paint. 
i glued some fabric on the inner sides. 

Excellent work! 

• Thanks 1

My working board for Bandeoke gigs. Never know what's coming, so I need simplicity and flexibility. The graphic is used as a boost (or a cut in this shot as I'm using it at home) The American sound always on to dirty up the basic sound. I never leave home without an octave, the synth and wah may be used if that kind of tune comes up. The boost kicks the American sound into a bit more dirt, the Splinter is for when I want to bring the ceiling down.

1938283222_P1090222(2).thumb.JPG.1cd58ad1d4448b1c7fa135638b4e7d24.JPG

• Like 3

Just now, stewblack said:

My working board for Bandeoke gigs. Never know what's coming, so I need simplicity and flexibility. The graphic is used as a boost (or a cut in this shot as I'm using it at home) The American sound always on to dirty up the basic sound. I never leave home without an octave, the synth and wah may be used if that kind of tune comes up. The boost kicks the American sound into a bit more dirt, the Splinter is for when I want to bring the ceiling down.

1938283222_P1090222(2).thumb.JPG.1cd58ad1d4448b1c7fa135638b4e7d24.JPG

Whats the low end like on the splinter? Like the bass demos out there

1 hour ago, chris7273 said:

Thank you. 
are you happy with the wireless HB ? Do you use it for gigging ? 

Yes absolutely. The docking/recharging part is a little big, but it is a tuner also so saves having a separate one on the board.

• Thanks 1

20220723_002109.thumb.jpg.041b66431b1570374e8b5d978cfb3169.jpg

This is the 'funky ball of teats' board with three envelope filters. The Bright Onion pedals are custom switchers, the orange one for selecting an input to the board and the yellow is an A/B/Y which has the Octamizer and Fwonkbeta connected. All patch leads are EBS flat and taken under the board to keep it clean although in fairness, underneath is a tad busy.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Upsized my little HB 50M board to a Warwick Rockboard 3.2, powered by an HB Iso Pro 12 which comfortably slots underneath:

PB -2207.JPG

Signal chains 

Main: Boss WL-20 (wireless) --> Thumpinator (hpf) --> Boss OC5 --> Boss SY200 (+exp. pedal)  --> Octava (drive/fuzz) --> HG 4K (drive) --> Zoom B1-4 (multifx) --> 3Leaf Proton Mk4 --> VTDI --> 1/4" out / DI out;

Side 1: Beat buddy --> aux in of Zoom B1-4 (=> drums unaffected by most of the fx including the B1-4's own fx);  

Side 2: VTDI parallel out (clean by-pass) --> Boss RC5.

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 7

New setup, the chain is..

Pitchblack > sonicake boom ave > lazy bear passive blender

Send FX loop > tone city Mickey > murder one kill switch > blender

I'm in a three piece band where I have to fill in for guitar aswell when guitarist is soloing1070158362_DSC_05212.thumb.JPG.e678b4fa27cc0445f8fbea8fc1fb17d7.JPG

On 22/07/2022 at 20:30, Boodang said:

20220723_002109.thumb.jpg.041b66431b1570374e8b5d978cfb3169.jpg

This is the 'funky ball of teats' board with three envelope filters. The Bright Onion pedals are custom switchers, the orange one for selecting an input to the board and the yellow is an A/B/Y which has the Octamizer and Fwonkbeta connected. All patch leads are EBS flat and taken under the board to keep it clean although in fairness, underneath is a tad busy.

I love that board!

20 hours ago, thisisswanbon said:

Far less exciting than the other boards on this thread, but it's taken a lot of swapping and changing (and pedals being moved on at a loss) to come to this set up, and I'm finally happy (for now!)

20220724_234419.thumb.jpg.3b3dd6eca67d94188d597e8f3b16788a.jpg

I think its great minimalist no bulls**t setup. All basses covered: octave (mega jealous of the octabvre mini btw), filter (C4 is a filter?), fuzz, overdrive, comp, tuner. I wish I could be so discerning!

20 minutes ago, bassist_lewis said:

I think its great minimalist no bulls**t setup. All basses covered: octave (mega jealous of the octabvre mini btw), filter (C4 is a filter?), fuzz, overdrive, comp, tuner. I wish I could be so discerning!

Thanks Lewis!  I've tried absolutely all sorts including going the helix route... but the cheaper analogue EHX stuff does it for me to be honest. The octabvre mini is a dream, I use it solo'd for a fair chunk of our set. Between that and the C4, I seldom use a dry bass sound.  My C4 covers filters, a more bass heavy sub octave than the octabvre, tremelo and saw wave stuff as well as some FM synth stuff... it's marvellous!  Our latest promo (hopefully below). Was done first half C4, second half octabvre. 

Edited by thisisswanbon
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, thisisswanbon said:

Thanks Lewis!  I've tried absolutely all sorts including going the helix route... but the cheaper analogue EHX stuff does it for me to be honest. The octabvre mini is a dream, I use it solo'd for a fair chunk of our set. Between that and the C4, I seldom use a dry bass sound.  My C4 covers filters, a more bass heavy sub octave than the octabvre, tremelo and saw wave stuff as well as some FM synth stuff... it's marvellous!  Our latest promo (hopefully below). Was done first half C4, second half octabvre. 

This is awesome, I keep desperately wanting to be able to make my bass into a synth. Unfortunately I play in a rock band with rather limited scope for techno bass textures. Doesn't stop me trying though 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Bassmidget209 said:

This is awesome, I keep desperately wanting to be able to make my bass into a synth. Unfortunately I play in a rock band with rather limited scope for techno bass textures. Doesn't stop me trying though 😂😂

Thanks man! I can see why your rock band don't want you doing synth stuff, but you're totally missing out! I have more fun playing synth stuff then the normal bass stuff!

You'll always hear the arguement of "all you need is a bass, a cable and an amp"... But I couldn't do a lot of this stuff with that set up 🤣