Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

4 minutes ago, LiamPodmore said:

only had the SY-1 for a couple of hours so if anyone has any recommendations let me know!

I would keep the second knobs (from the left) at 12 o clock. Then pick a sound to play with with the far right knob (the Farage as I call it). Now work through the Variations knob until you find something you might be able to work with. Then start playing with the tone / rate controls to explore all the possibilities of that sound (also mixing it with your clean tone).

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, LiamPodmore said:

Recently upgraded from just the stomp to this. Not gigging at all these days, just for some home noodling but it's been good fun. I've only had the SY-1 for a couple of hours so if anyone has any recommendations let me know!

image.thumb.png.2d0789d6c30f31a165705acd4a8c712f.png

Nice! I notice you've assigned one of the Stomp's switches to the loop that the SY-1 is in. Personally, I'd leave the loop on all the time, and turn the SY-1 on and off with it's own switch, thereby freeing up one of the Stomp's switches.

My project this weekend is a round of the ever-familiar game ‘Pedalboard real estate Tetris’ - trying to make sense of this rabble... work out how best to manage the signal chain... and hopefully (or should that be 'hopelessly'?) try to fit them onto the board beneath. 

There's also an expression pedal for the Xerograph, but I gave-up on fitting that onto the board some time ago... 

...all the while, switching between muttering to myself 'I could probably do without *this* octaver' and 'Ooh - there's a bit of space there - I wonder what else I could add?!'

Time for a new board?!

Board.PNG

Edited by Volume
edit
  • Like 4

On 29/06/2022 at 19:57, stewblack said:

I would keep the second knobs (from the left) at 12 o clock. Then pick a sound to play with with the far right knob (the Farage as I call it). Now work through the Variations knob until you find something you might be able to work with. Then start playing with the tone / rate controls to explore all the possibilities of that sound (also mixing it with your clean tone).

Cheers for that. That's how i spent the first few hours just messing around. There's some mental noises comes from this thing.

On 30/06/2022 at 02:54, Higgie said:

Nice! I notice you've assigned one of the Stomp's switches to the loop that the SY-1 is in. Personally, I'd leave the loop on all the time, and turn the SY-1 on and off with it's own switch, thereby freeing up one of the Stomp's switches.

I mostly use snapshots anyway so i'm not overly limited on switches luckily. The two controllers on the bottom do all of my switching so it's nice and easy.

5 hours ago, Volume said:

My project this weekend is a round of the ever-familiar game ‘Pedalboard real estate Tetris’ - trying to make sense of this rabble... work out how best to manage the signal chain... and hopefully (or should that be 'hopelessly'?) try to fit them onto the board beneath. 

There's also an expression pedal for the Xerograph, but I gave-up on fitting that onto the board some time ago... 

...all the while, switching between muttering to myself 'I could probably do without *this* octaver' and 'Ooh - there's a bit of space there - I wonder what else I could add?!'

Time for a new board?!

Board.PNG

VERY nice choices on there. But yeah, we all know it’s time for a bigger board now. Stop when two people are needed to carry it?

Edited by moley6knipe
  • Like 1

This is my pedalboard: 

1) Shiftline Olympic MK3s

2) WM Smalls Pork & Pickle

3) Diamond Bass Comp Jr

4) Polytune mini 3

Sometimes I use a Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb and the MXR vintage octave mini instead of the Shiftline preamp: a setup I find much more versatile.

Unfortunately, I sold my Z.Vex Basstortion and bought the Pork & Pickle instead. I am totally underwhelmed by the new pedal, which really cuts all the low end in comparison with the Basstortion. 🥺 

The two pedals that will remain on my board forever is the tuner and my beloved Diamond bass comp.

F17C72ED-9FE8-42B7-8770-AE9D9372D5DC.jpeg

Edited by Owno
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, bassist_lewis said:

2 filters???

Yes. 

It's a hybrid bass and guitar board. The chromatron is used mostly on bass. The barbanerra sounds great on guitar. 

Signal chain...

tuner, compressor, chromatron

All the bottom row and mastotron and c4 is in the chromotron loop

Then BEF, chorus, delay reverb and looper

• Like 1

NCD (New Cables Day): yesterday I re-made the cable snake for my effects board. Two lengths of Van Damme cable, four 90º Neutrik plugs, a 9Vdc power supply wire, and black & silver braided sleeve. Oh, and colour coded heatshrink for Send and Return. The foldback clip is there to clip onto the back of the amp, thus relieving any pull on the cables plugged in at that end.

OK so it’s not glamorous and more than a bit nerdy, but it’s neat & tidy and works very nicely. Must say I really enjoyed putting it all together – there’s something very soothing and satisfying about tinkering around with wire & solder. I must get another pedal build on the go, get some more quality soldering time in!

PSX_20220707_095953.thumb.jpg.b744cfead53d15e044f5dd2caa00a975.jpg

Edited by Rich
  • Like 6

The power isn't strictly daisy-chained, although they are paralleled... the 9v feed plugs into the box with the rude word on it, which contains a distribution arrangement (posh name for connector blocks :D)  for the five separate pedal feeds. The green LED is just a tell tale, so if there's a pedal problem I can see if the 9v feed from the rack is still functioning. It's a bog-simple arrangement and I suppose in an ideal world the separate feeds would be isolated, but it seems to work ok.

image.png.111ba612049d85ee9f0fb95a04e9acc6.png

Edited by Rich
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rich said:

NCD (New Cables Day): yesterday I re-made the cable snake for my effects board. Two lengths of Van Damme cable, four 90º Neutrik plugs, a 9Vdc power supply wire, and black & silver braided sleeve. Oh, and colour coded heatshrink for Send and Return. The foldback clip is there to clip onto the back of the amp, thus relieving any pull on the cables plugged in at that end.

OK so it’s not glamorous and more than a bit nerdy, but it’s neat & tidy and works very nicely. Must say I really enjoyed putting it all together – there’s something very soothing and satisfying about tinkering around with wire & solder. I must get another pedal build on the go, get some more quality soldering time in!

PSX_20220707_095953.thumb.jpg.b744cfead53d15e044f5dd2caa00a975.jpg

I was thinking of doing something similar for doing 4cm. It’d be 4 1/4” jacks and maybe a power cable, fancy a rockboard pedal with the little patch bay mod so I can just plug straight in. Started getting very expensive thought 😂

2 hours ago, Jonse said:

This month's revision. Flexible amount of distortion and a bit of chorus for some pseudo-fretless straight into the front of my ABM 600. 

PXL_20220708_160623159.jpg

Thoughts on the Beta DLX?

i recently picked up the Beta Germanium which I like but would prefer as 2 separate “sides”

14 minutes ago, Bagman said:

Thoughts on the Beta DLX?

i recently picked up the Beta Germanium which I like but would prefer as 2 separate “sides”

Sounds huge. It's nice that the boost has switches which change its tone too. I'd really like the lm308 version (like a rat) if I can get my hands on one. 

c3v9tysmowre9i7rghft.jpg

• Like 2