Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

My first ever actual board!

20220621_214434.thumb.jpg.45c8efde35f44b5cbcbb9802940a64c8.jpg

I have some better patch leads on the way which will help them sit a little tidier.

I'm undecided on the CS-3 as it's noisy.

The Digitech pedal bottom right is connected to my TCE combo with 2 Tone Prints so may just use a Spectracomp on there instead and then maybe pop an Ashdown Lomenzo Hyper Drive in place of the CS-3. Toying with a chorus for the other Tone Print. The expression pedal toggles 2 different setups on the Poly Blue Octave.

I'd be interested in suggestions for the signal path - it's currently Q-Tron - Octave - CS-3 - Le Bass.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, thebassist said:

It's finished... I think.. who am I kidding... it'll be changed before the week is out!

1_front.thumb.jpg.289f8d4344f15a3e87d0f0ed19e5be90.jpg

1_back.thumb.jpg.eaae8c7b87660df017251947560443da.jpg

4 loopers!! 4 loopers, loopers. Wait, I'm on repeat...

What are the two similar (identical?) boxes perpendicular to the Ditto and Minnow on the left?

11 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

4 loopers!! 4 loopers, loopers. Wait, I'm on repeat...

What are the two similar (identical?) boxes perpendicular to the Ditto and Minnow on the left?

1 minute ago, Woodinblack said:

Behringher 4 channel mixers.

Yes, 2 of these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-MX400-Micromix-Noise-Channel/dp/B000KGYAYQ?th=1

It enables me to have samples, etc. plugged in to my board - really useful (for what I do).

• Like 1

Here's the current incarnation of my bass board

bass-board.thumb.jpg.3802febbd5bbefe30fbe7e565a09d490.jpg

And my guitar board

guitar-board.thumb.jpg.da97cbe82fb244c6e14877eb6689da5c.jpg

I bought a Fender mustang GTX100 guitar amp last week, which has a ton of fantastic sounding pedal models onboard—including a space echo which I have fallen in love with, so the guitar board is pretty much redundant now—apart from the SY-1 of course! I initially thought the GTX was just going to displace the MS-50G, but the overdrive, fuz and distortion models are actually usable and sound & behave like the real pedals to my unsophisticated ears.

The spark mini on the bass board has also fallen out of favour as I replaced it with the mojomojo to add a bit of oomph when needed. I'll probably try to find a way to fit the SY1 on bass board. Maybe by removing the spark and repositioning the thumpinator.

The Boss SY-1 is so easy to use and is the first usable guitar synth I have tried. I still have a casio MG-510 midi guitar somewhere, which was unusable due to latency and it was a faff to set up. I've owned a few other synth pedals over the years including an akai deep impact which I didn't keep for long, and an EHX organ thingy which didn't trigger well for me. The SY-1's triggering, lack of latency, ease of use and of course the sounds mean that it is probably a keeper.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, danbowskill said:

Joyo have upped their game, this aquarius sounds marvellous... so much nicer than many higher priced delays , nice looper choices as well.

Looks similar to a flashback, but a lot better sounding imoIMG_20220622_194801_edit_63159737313279.thumb.jpg.132d28b66ebbe168d20c135be3d2e092.jpg

One of the guys I play with populated his board with three or four Joyo pedals. They all sound great at what they do. 

Edited by krispn
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, paul_5 said:

Always been curious about the Julia, how does it compare to the EHX small clone?

26 minutes ago, BassAgent said:

Honestly no idea, haven't tried a Small Clone. I really like the versatility of the Julia.

Also never used the Small Clone, but the Julia is great, its especially good having the wet/dry mix. The Lag control is a really unique control to have as well, gives a lot more nuance than most chorus pedals.... I might switch mine out 🤣

On 10/05/2022 at 19:24, Rich said:

Latest incarnation of my wee board. The volume pedal has gone, in its place I've got a home-brewed buffered mute footswitch with tuner output. The red 'mute' LED flashes for better visibility.

Clearly visible are the bike-chain fixings I'm using now instead of velcro. Everything feels much more secure now.

Not sure how long the warning sticker will last. I was having a bad day when I put it on there :lol: 

IMG_0396 - Copy (2).JPG

A couple of tiny changes to the above... the LEDs on the bypass switch are now white for Bypass and flashing blue for Mute, and are a lot brighter than the old red & green were -- they didn't show up all that well on a bright stage.   

15 minutes ago, ped said:

Thinking about expanding to another shelf! (not shown - future impact and Chunk Octavius Squeezer)

0C271D61-542C-46C6-B1A9-50C86C87DF2A.jpeg

Foillowing the long anticipated publication of Johnny Goes Up, I'm sure we are all on tenterhooks waiting for Johnny Goes Down.

11 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Foillowing the long anticipated publication of Johnny Goes Up, I'm sure we are all on tenterhooks waiting for Johnny Goes Down.

He’s gone North, East, South then West but has yet to go up or down. Here’s hoping, although the author is dead so you could argue that technically he’s gone up (or down depending on said author’s wider interests and behaviour)

Stunning books, well worth a read!

• Like 1