Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

It's been a while.. This was how my Novo-18 'creative' board looked like in March, and there's been some changes since.

Not least, the power supply needed an overdue upgrade. The pre-amp is all valve/tube ~ the Edison 2 by Night Owl Industries.

https://www.nightowl.industries/edison-preamp

image.png

Edited by SimonEdward
Image appears x2 !
  • Like 4

BAEDCE93-D6EA-4608-998C-971AE4927291.thumb.jpeg.62ef83a42369f5f27741111118424a0c.jpeg

Another spin on the merry go round!

Trying to go for an 80’s sound/synth sound to cover some keyboard sounding parts now our keys player has left. 

Standards include octave chorus and dirt all patched into my trusty old Basswitch IQ DI. 

The compressor and VMT are in an always on loop whereas the chorus and Basswitch OD are in a switchable loop with 50/50 blend. The Basswitch OD pedal has been a great addition as the tone control actually plays about with the mid frequency and shifts the eq curve from a scooped sound to a more mid forward sound down in the lower mids. Really helps with the octave sound to push it forward. I kinda use it like the mid switch function on the MXR BOD and feel it’s doing a great job! 

Also as the OD is the same style pedal as the IQDI I can easily switch the loop on or off while activating or deactivating the drive too which is handy! Oh and I have a cheeky wee Thumpinator hiding underneath the board as you do! 

Edited by krispn
  • Like 4

On 03/06/2022 at 10:42, MrDinsdale said:

Has anyone got any examples of the Rockboard tres 3.0 and 3.1? Trying to visualise my board with a little extra room to grow and inspiration would be super handy.

Currently just a TC poly tuner, GT-1000 core currently with a ME Super 800 plus preamp on its way followed by a compressor (hyper luminal or cali76) and possibly a couple of drives in the near future (when I can afford it). Then probably a DI or something.

I really like how modularity of the Rockboard and the I/O options like the mod v1

I bought a second hand Rockboard 3.0 about 18 months ago. Absolutely perfect for my needs. Robust, but not massively weighty and came with a great gigbag. I haven't gone down the patchbay route as I made an IEC input myself using a bit of old tort scratchplate material - I'll post a pic if I get a chance. I tried a few boards (including some rather unusual, home-made variants) until I settled for this one. I love it and unless some large and swanky multi-fx catches my eye, I think this is my rig for the duration. 

board.jpg.7fa1afac3ff8fd923d8687327851b133.jpg

Edited by rushbo
stupidity
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, rushbo said:

I bought a second hand Rockboard 3.0 about 18 months ago. Absolutely perfect for my needs. Robust, but not massively weighty and came with a great gigbag. I haven't gone down the patchbay route as I made an IEC input myself using a bit of old tort scratchplate material - I'll post a pic if I get a chance. I tried a few boards (including some rather unusual, home-made variants) until I settled for this one. I love it and unless some large and swanky multi-fx catches my eye, I think this is my rig for the duration. 

board.jpg.7fa1afac3ff8fd923d8687327851b133.jpg

Awesome! I'm actually wondering if the the 3.0 is big enough now. Once I've got my GT1000 core, preamp pedal, tuner and an expression pedal I'll be fighting for space, that looks super portable though.

1 hour ago, MrDinsdale said:

Awesome! I'm actually wondering if the the 3.0 is big enough now. Once I've got my GT1000 core, preamp pedal, tuner and an expression pedal I'll be fighting for space, that looks super portable though.

It appears that I'm lying to you - it's a Tres 3.1! I don't know how much bigger/different it is to a 3.0.

I made a blanking plate with an IEC that powers a Harley Benton PowerPlant Junior. The two circular discs cover some marks and holes made by the previous owner. I really like the Rockboard, but I only have a handful of toys on it -if you've got expression pedals etc, it might be a squeeze.

back.thumb.jpg.a422377d5b829ac604c31d05434891aa.jpg

• Like 2

Some slight alterations to the board. I decided I didn't use the Dweller Phaser often enough, and I have more use for some light tube amp-esque drive from the Jive instead. The Tru-Fi Super-Fuzz is a super awesome octave fuzz, and the Octron3 is also f***ing fantastic, and may even replace my Octabvre long term (we'll see).

IMG20220607200322.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bagman said:

Didn’t know that

all my ones have been 9v 

still us PQ-3B and BF-2B

Early Boss pedals used a weird power section that dropped down the incoming voltage for some reason. They can run on 9v if you daisy chain them (I think you have in your picture), and my OC-2 runs fine on 9V, but the chorus didn't work at all.

Edited by bassist_lewis

On 06/06/2022 at 21:10, MrDinsdale said:

I've been thinking myself that it's a little tight for me. I've got everything I need on there really, but it's always tempting to add more! Just SLIGHTLY bigger would be perfect I think (famous last words)

I also want to try and fit it into my Peli Storm IM2500 (which it does perfectly, the 3.1 would be too big) so that's another reason to keep to this size. Dreaming of the day when I can walk into the gig with the bass on my back, 4u shallow rack in one hand (wireless iems, wireless bass, power condititioner and distribution) and a Peli case on wheels in the other with my pedalboard, IEMs, Backbeats, iPad etc! 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I might revise my board down to a TU-3.

lol, I actually only took a tuner to my last gig due to a no. of uncertainties. As it’s a Funk/Soul band (but mostly Soul tbh) I faired ok. The board I had planned to use will definitely get shrunk even more now 😎

On 08/06/2022 at 09:06, bassist_lewis said:

Its a really lush sounding chorus, just needs a weird 12V power supply!

Mine has just been listed on Aotearoa auction site

Not sure if I’m keen, I think the Tech21 is “better “ for me but obviously don’t look as cool

My first ever actual board!

20220621_214434.thumb.jpg.45c8efde35f44b5cbcbb9802940a64c8.jpg

I have some better patch leads on the way which will help them sit a little tidier.

I'm undecided on the CS-3 as it's noisy.

The Digitech pedal bottom right is connected to my TCE combo with 2 Tone Prints so may just use a Spectracomp on there instead and then maybe pop an Ashdown Lomenzo Hyper Drive in place of the CS-3. Toying with a chorus for the other Tone Print. The expression pedal toggles 2 different setups on the Poly Blue Octave.

I'd be interested in suggestions for the signal path - it's currently Q-Tron - Octave - CS-3 - Le Bass.

• Like 5