Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

I bought the Micro Synth off here after years of um-ing and ah-ing. Decided to get one pedal to do the synth thing rather than 3 or 4, especially for the soul band I play where I only use it for 1 or 2 songs, and the octave is nice to have for the extra girth every now and again.

Nano 6_5_22.jpg

Edited by bassist_lewis
  • Like 2

On 06/05/2022 at 13:17, Huw Foster said:

IMG_2249.thumb.jpg.0f9bff215f1f0b321a2209eac59167e7.jpg

My most recent build - I gave in and got a C4 Synth. Using the Caiman Tail Loop to change patches and switch presets on the C4 via a Disaster Area Micro Ghost (mounted underneath).

Very Heavy weight board Huw! I love it 😍

23 hours ago, bassist_lewis said:

OG 3Leaf Octabvre for the win! Is that a standard size board or did you build your own? I'm getting a Noble later this year and it seems to make planning a board really awkward.

I have posted this before but it’s a Pedal train classic jr 

8DE34DE1-4A3D-4611-8F93-C36D446B0C26.thumb.jpeg.79a196bcd54e79a448109679373bf21a.jpeg

• Like 6

On 07/05/2022 at 14:40, bassist_lewis said:

OG 3Leaf Octabvre for the win! Is that a standard size board or did you build your own? I'm getting a Noble later this year and it seems to make planning a board really awkward.

As Bunion mentioned, it’s a pedaltrain jr - one that’s been pushed to the limit! It’s pretty heavy and almost every bit of it is being used. 

The Noble is a bit awkward when it comes to taking up space, but it’s also just *so* good. I use it to power the Caiman, but I suppose it could always go off the board if you weren’t using it for power. 

• Like 2

Latest incarnation of my wee board. The volume pedal has gone, in its place I've got a home-brewed buffered mute footswitch with tuner output. The red 'mute' LED flashes for better visibility.

Clearly visible are the bike-chain fixings I'm using now instead of velcro. Everything feels much more secure now.

Not sure how long the warning sticker will last. I was having a bad day when I put it on there :lol: 

IMG_0396 - Copy (2).JPG

Edited by Rich
  • Like 5

Most recent incarnation of my pedal board, for my 6 string 30" scale Harley Benton GuitarBass (Bass VI type instrument, strung with gauge .080 - .060 - .045 - .034 - .026 - .018 (plain string) D'Addario XL nickle plated roundwound hex steel core strings, tuned in G standard tuning, 3 half steps above regular E standard tuning) :

Pedal-Board-160522-small-Sharpen-Final-6

For those interested the whole signal chain for the above setup, and some elaboration on how I use the different pedals, can be found in the "About" section of my profile here on the forum : https://www.basschat.co.uk/profile/50585-baloney-balderdash/

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 3

20220517_111750.thumb.jpg.e513b84ce80c31ec35ef867e3ba9f066.jpg

I've learned that mini pedals can be annoying as there's no standard placement for the connections - so they often don't align and squeeze in closely together. Much bigger pedals with top mounted connections don't actually take up much more room on a board like this e.g. an Aguilar Grape Phaser would probably fit in that Phase 95 slot.

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, SumOne said:

I've learned that mini pedals can be annoying as there's no standard placement for the connections - so they often don't align and squeeze in clivl

osely together. Much bigger pedals with top mounted connections don't actually take up much more room on a board like this e.g. an Aguilar Grape Phaser would probably fit in that Phase 95 slot.

I love those Mooer sweepers

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SumOne said:

I've learned that mini pedals can be annoying as there's no standard placement for the connections - so they often don't align and squeeze in closely together. Much bigger pedals with top mounted connections don't actually take up much more room on a board like this e.g. an Aguilar Grape Phaser would probably fit in that Phase 95 slot.

I may have asked this before, but what's the Homer pedal? B3K clone?

1 hour ago, Bigwan said:

I may have asked this before, but what's the Homer pedal? B3K clone?

It's basically a Tubescreamer (with volume, gain, tone controls) with added Symmetrical/Asymmetrical clipping switch, and Bass boost switch https://gojira.co.uk/product/gojira808/

I'm in two minds whether I sell it as I also have a One Control Hookers Green that sounds similar enough and is smaller (but doesn't have the variety of tones - or Homer's face!)

Edited by SumOne

9 hours ago, lee650 said:

I love those Mooer sweepers

It's new to me so I need to spend a while with it, first impressions are it's great value and small size (and there isn't a huge choice in mini sized envelope filter pedals) and I like some of the sounds it makes, but I wish it has a volume control  - that's partly why I've moved my compressor to the end of chain.

• Like 1

My current board. I am fairly happy with it, although I might have to get into the whole midi thing in order to use 2 switches and an expression pedal with the HX Stomp to get the most out of it. The metal box bottom right is a kit built Big Muff.

RNI-Films-IMG-9DA68A24-CC08-4FC4-BA82-607AB438B394.JPG

• Like 5

I haven’t finished connecting all the cables up but have done a rearrange on my new (home made) board to fit the GX-100 in. I will lose the separate tuner at some point. Pleased with it so far but may swap the GX to the lower tier.

44C81DBB-03F1-467E-B536-1695F0E60428.thumb.jpeg.86649c3f38c66233d82f16cf9b3d5ed0.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bigbottomend said:

Never had a full working board till today and I've been collecting these things for years, so got a couple new ones and threw them all together. 

SmartSelect_20220520-183755_Gallery.jpg

That's a small bu high quality collection! the B:Assmaster is a beast! And the Deep Impact and Cali76 are highly recommended.

• Like 1

On 17/05/2022 at 11:31, SumOne said:

Some shorter mini pedals are better mounted sideways I've found, as you can often fit two into less space that way.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2022 at 14:35, T-Bay said:

I haven’t finished connecting all the cables up but have done a rearrange on my new (home made) board to fit the GX-100 in. I will lose the separate tuner at some point. Pleased with it so far but may swap the GX to the lower tier.

44C81DBB-03F1-467E-B536-1695F0E60428.thumb.jpeg.86649c3f38c66233d82f16cf9b3d5ed0.jpeg

How's the landlord cheeky pint?

14 hours ago, T-Bay said:

Great for a low cost pedal. It isn’t as transparent as the spectracomp I have but works really well. Very pleased with it.

Any idea what it's based on and what the half pint/full pint switch actually does?