Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

1 hour ago, Dosi Y'Anarchy said:

Here's my Bass VI and board from the other day when I had a gig. 

I might upgrade the trem, but it works fine, otherwise I think this is pretty set for now. (for this band anyway). 

Polish_20220407_143556044_edit_230741371171040.jpg

Keen to try one of them tremond rats. Nice board 👍

• Like 1

Decided to go for a bigger pedalboard as i was struggling to fit it all onto a metro 16. It means i can now chuck some modulation onto the board again, currently popped my old BF-2 on. Also looking at getting a Earthquaker Grand Orbiter. I reckon i can squeeze a couple more on this board

I did find that my wah has a broken jack socket so is making the board hum. i'll have to get round to fixing that.

Chain is Bass > Polytune > Wilson mini freaker wah > DIY The druid (dod 250 clone with analogman Ge diode mod)  > DIY The Architect (Megalith clone) > Damnation Audio Bloop with Boss DS-1 in the loop) > Boss BF-2 > Behringer NR300 (not being used but just in case with lots of high gain pedals) All powered by a Cioks DC5

932259406_IMG_76372.thumb.jpg.6573168dcf29cfd5f862192d1f5bbcda.jpg

1129056E-5A62-437D-B2B7-2C51D1CF3012.thumb.jpg.03c0bde75b3c4f1aa64216aef8b68cf9.jpg

Edited by Wilson_51_
  • Like 2

On 08/04/2022 at 19:06, Dosi Y'Anarchy said:

Here's my Bass VI and board from the other day when I had a gig. 

I might upgrade the trem, but it works fine, otherwise I think this is pretty set for now. (for this band anyway). 

Polish_20220407_143556044_edit_230741371171040.jpg

I know it's not the point of this thread but the VI with the bridge cover looks fantastic.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JonesTheCat said:

I know it's not the point of this thread but the VI with the bridge cover looks fantastic.

It's very sexy! I've just spent the last 10 minutes looking at Bass vi's on youtube wondering if i need one...

• Like 1

My freshly rebuilt "covers all bases" travel board

- Battery-powered for use anywhere and everywhere
- Ultra compact, fits in the front pocket of my bass bag (23x15 cm / 9x6 inches)
- DI out with cabinet simulation for going direct
- Headphone output and aux input for quiet jamming
- TC Electronic Wiretap for recording ideas on the go (or recording live sets). Can easily be reamped later

The board is designed for "set and forget"; there aren't really any effects that are there to be turned on and off. Those footswitches are too close together to hit in the heat of the moment too 😄

IMG_20220413_160228_031.thumb.jpg.f40935de8bb33bbd9d75d980547c2c1b.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Naigewron said:

My freshly rebuilt "covers all bases" travel board

- Battery-powered for use anywhere and everywhere
- Ultra compact, fits in the front pocket of my bass bag (23x15 cm / 9x6 inches)
- DI out with cabinet simulation for going direct
- Headphone output and aux input for quiet jamming
- TC Electronic Wiretap for recording ideas on the go (or recording live sets). Can easily be reamped later

The board is designed for "set and forget"; there aren't really any effects that are there to be turned on and off. Those footswitches are too close together to hit in the heat of the moment too 😄

IMG_20220413_160228_031.thumb.jpg.f40935de8bb33bbd9d75d980547c2c1b.jpg

How do you like the Mini Ego? Any downsides to it, or is it superb?

24 minutes ago, NicoMcJ said:

How do you like the Mini Ego? Any downsides to it, or is it superb?

It's perfectly workable, I'd say. Definitely won't have enough control for compressor nerds, but I only need it to even out my attacks a bit and give me a little squish feel under my fingers, and it works great for that for me. The voicing and attack switches give me some options, and the blend knob lets me mix in my clean signal to where it feels nice. No complaints, but it's definitely not a "studio grade" compressor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Naigewron said:

It's perfectly workable, I'd say. Definitely won't have enough control for compressor nerds, but I only need it to even out my attacks a bit and give me a little squish feel under my fingers, and it works great for that for me. The voicing and attack switches give me some options, and the blend knob lets me mix in my clean signal to where it feels nice. No complaints, but it's definitely not a "studio grade" compressor.

That actually sounds perfect!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Naigewron said:

Thanks again buddy - I’ve just ordered one!

• Like 1

So as I've recently bought back an old bass, a few of my posh pedals had to go. As I haven't gigged for nearly 3 years seemed daft. I've still got a few decent noisemakers on the board though.

The usual signal chain setup

EBS Microbass 2 - A/B box/ Preamp/DI/ Overdrive/ headphone amp and Effects loop. Very very useful bit of kit and great quality sound. In the loop I have all of the effects, so I can use them through the Headphones.

EBS Multi Comp- I've owned nearly every high end pedal comp there is and loved a few of them. I've used an EBS comp in some way ever  since my first in 2002 (I've had 6 😂)  I always go back to this, easy to use and it sounds great, versatile with the modes and adds to the tone which i love

BOSS LS2 - splits the signal after the comp, so all effects have compression beforehand. Has two seperate lines of FX that I can switch between or run in parallel

Loop A - general effects.

MXR Bass Octave Deluxe- I had one of these before and while I loved the tone and tracking, it had a noise issue. I really needed an Octave thst tracks well with active basses, and this was the best I'd tried in that application. To different voices to mimic the EBS and OC2 Sounds and this one isn't noisy.

EBS Bass IQ - this is a great sounding filter!! Lots of variation with the modes and simple to use. Not as fat or resonant as my 3 leaf, but has a great tight/clear filter tone that cuts through really well. 

EBS Unichorus - Chorus/Flanger and pitch mod. Gorgeous Analog tones in a bombproof box

EBS Dphaser - As above but a funky, swirly,fat and very cool Digital Phaser. I love this thing

Donner Deluxe Mini tuner- kept losing the Headstock thing and got fed up of asking the the Keyboard player to give me an E 😂

Loop B - Synth Channel

3 Leaf Audio GR2 Envelope filter- very fat and resonant filter with a handy Effects loop, so anything in it, doesn't hit the input Detection stage, making for very dynamic synth sounds. This is set for a funky Downsweep, in the loop we have the following

Iron Ether Subterranea - Octave/Synth- is a fantastic lofi sounding octaver, with two synth voices and 3 waveforms for each. Very dirty and Analog Synth sounding! I love it

Iron Ether Frantabit - Bit Crush and Sample rate reducer- very funky/noisy/mental pedal that's actually really really musical and sounds fantastic. One of my favourite pedals 😂

Emma - Okto Nojs - Octaver and synthy Dynamic Fuzz in one pedal, can be used individualy or combined for Dirty.

Funny how I've gone back to EBS pedals, I've always used them,and while maybe not the mist exciting or flashy, they do what they do very well. Fantastic build and great sound, they can also be picked up very reasonably.

20220414_234436.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, lee650 said:

Funny how I've gone back to EBS pedals, I've always used them,and while maybe not the mist exciting or flashy, they do what they do very well. Fantastic build and great sound, they can also be picked up very reasonably.

20220414_234436.jpg

It does read a bit like an advert for EBS but if they work for you! The Microbass is a great unit!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, krispn said:

It does read a bit like an advert for EBS but if they work for you! The Microbass is a great unit!

12 hours ago, krispn said:

Lol I know! I should have put

#EBSpleasegivemeanartistdeal

At the end 😂

53 minutes ago, krispn said:

Who needs EBS? No finer sponsors on the planet than Ginster and Guinness. Maybe they should collaborate on a pie 😀

Probably the single most important suggestion on Basschat. Ever. 

Good things come to those who wait. 

• Like 2