Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

11 hours ago, MrDinsdale said:

PXL_20220326_110939211.thumb.jpg.687d33989a85aee2bf5e93bcef9d4641.jpg

My slightly underwhelming pedalboard 🤣 tbh I don't like the big muff and my GK Fusion S overdrive channel is sufficient for my needs. I'm also not really bothered about the MXR compressor, thinking of a Darkglass SS or Hyper Luminal which is a little less transparent perhaps.

Not a clue what to replace the big muff with!

I replaced my Massive Muff with a Way Huge Small Pork and Pickle. It’s epic.

• Like 2

Latest iteration

I had to switch things around to fit on the wireless receiver.

I'm thinking of replacing the Bass Compactor with something smaller and I could lose the tuner as the DP-3x has a tuner built in.

IMG_20220325_113030295_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

This was taken a while ago when I was trying to have a board that did basically everything, including acting as a headphone amp. Currently, everything is off my board as I’m planning to A/B the different type of pedals to find my preferred iteration. I’ll likely end up with a few boards. I’ll provide updates when they’re ready.

3C4D7CD6-0577-4BDE-A71E-328019B519A9.jpeg

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, admiralchew said:

This was taken a while ago when I was trying to have a board that did basically everything, including acting as a headphone amp. Currently, everything is off my board as I’m planning to A/B the different type of pedals to find my preferred iteration. I’ll likely end up with a few boards. I’ll provide updates when they’re ready.

Is that 2 Zumas lurking under there???

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NicoMcJ said:

Is that 2 Zumas lurking under there???

Yep, there are a couple of Zumas hiding under there. I needed a unit that could power 9 pedals a piece and they did an excellent job. It meant that I could run the Vulcan at 18V too. I've since picked up a fair few pedals, including a few with Tubes which a rather power hungry, so I may have to get a little creative. In particular, I recently received my Shift Line Olympic MKIIIS (after a small delay due to a stoppage of shipping from Russia) which requires 12V at 650ma.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's a yank board. :)

I built the board itself out of scraps and parts except for the power port and toggle that I got from West Coast Pedalboards here in the US.    I recently bought a Phase 90 but havent decided where to place it and if I want to add a gnarlier fuzz.  That 5th gear is awesome but subtle to OD- nothing like a distortion or higher.....   

I have a Zoom Ms-60B as a back-up board but will probably sell as my B1Four that I practice with is more familiar (silent practice with headphones....  Bought the dang thing second hand for like $70USD and was probably the best purchase I made other than the Labella DTFlats I bought for both basses that I play... )

PBoard.jpg

Edited by BigusNC
  • Like 6

My Joyo Ironman board is complete. Tuner arrived this morning.

Well.

I might get the flanger and swap out one of the drives.

My rule has been to buy all of them used, pay no more than £25 a pedal, or £30 including postage.

On a Harley Benton Spaceship (the littlest one), the whole thing powered by a rechargeable battery pack. It sounds ace.

IMG_20220401_132238.jpg

IMG_20220401_105242.jpg

• Like 14

Latest version as I’ve just picked up an EBS Billy Sheehan Deluxe pedal. 
Order is:

1. Optional wah pedal

2. Tuner - TU2

3. Compressor - Seymour Duncan 

4. Octave - Digitech Bass Synth Wah 

5. EBS Billy Sheehan Deluxe drive pedal

6. Fuzz - Green Muff*

7. Phaser - MXR Phase 90*
* Both the Fuzz and Phaser are run via the dirty loop of the Billy Sheehan pedal. 

B0DC89D7-5094-49D4-889F-C3134E08E720.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

Latest version as I’ve just picked up an EBS Billy Sheehan Deluxe pedal. 
Order is:

1. Optional wah pedal

2. Tuner - TU2

3. Compressor - Seymour Duncan 

4. Octave - Digitech Bass Synth Wah 

5. EBS Billy Sheehan Deluxe drive pedal

6. Fuzz - Green Muff*

7. Phaser - MXR Phase 90*
* Both the Fuzz and Phaser are run via the dirty loop of the Billy Sheehan pedal. 

B0DC89D7-5094-49D4-889F-C3134E08E720.jpeg

Bass synth wah is an overlooked octave marvel great little pedal 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Scaled down from the Schmidt Array, so here is the new setup on a Rockboard Tres 3.0 with a Mod 1

IMG_3461.thumb.jpg.474e2ecf598879417ad51cc6edb5e7c7.jpg

Signal chain is:

Bass>Mod 1 Input A>Cali 76>Morningstar ML5>Origin '64 BassRig>XLR and 1/4" outs both go to the Mod 1 for feed to the desk with Cab Sim, and straight to an amp if used.

ML5 Loops:

A>Octamizer

B>TRS splitter cable to B on Mod 1

C>HX Stomp with Bright Onion Momentary switch. FX Loop of Stomp to C on Mod 1

D>Prometheus

E>TRS splitter to D on Mod 1

Using the TRS jacks on the Mod 1 with ML5/Stomp FX Loops means I can insert any pedal(s) either in front of, after, or into the Stomp's chain itself (and move it about as needed). I haven't got the required TRS splitters yet (apart from the one within the Stomp's loop) so one of the Mod 1 outputs is connected to the Headphone out of the Stomp for now, but that's how it will be used in future.

Here's the underside:

IMG_3462.thumb.jpg.350a5c7e6e1269003b30b5f201d702b5.jpg

There's a Temple USB adpator so I can charge my iPad, and a GigRig Doubler to power the Cali76 at 18V. Everything powered by the Generator.

Edited by Higgie
  • Like 11

On 31/03/2022 at 16:29, ern500evo said:

Got the X Ultra and Boss WL-50 on there now 

EA059B82-0F09-4F6B-B3FE-FDEB03B64266.jpeg

Did you gig / rehearse with this set up, is the Boss WL-50 pretty good, and can you supply it and charge from the CS6?

thinking of getting a wireless and this looks a pretty good option . 

• Like 1

On 31/03/2022 at 14:49, admiralchew said:

That is just so...neat.

4 hours ago, garyt said:

Did you gig / rehearse with this set up, is the Boss WL-50 pretty good, and can you supply it and charge from the CS6?

thinking of getting a wireless and this looks a pretty good option . 

I did indeed. It performed flawlessly. Even with the recessed socket of my Dingwall, the transmitter sat snugly in place. It was fully charged before the gig, I popped it back in the receiver during our break, but the light stayed green all night, so the transmitter  battery life is good. The power draw is quite low, even when the transmitter is on charge, so the CS6 runs it no problem at all. I’m pleased with it 

Edited by ern500evo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Higgie said:

Scaled down from the Schmidt Array, so here is the new setup on a Rockboard Tres 3.0 with a Mod 1

IMG_3461.thumb.jpg.474e2ecf598879417ad51cc6edb5e7c7.jpg

Signal chain is:

Bass>Mod 1 Input A>Cali 76>Morningstar ML5>Origin '64 BassRig>XLR and 1/4" outs both go to the Mod 1 for feed to the desk with Cab Sim, and straight to an amp if used.

ML5 Loops:

A>Octamizer

B>TRS splitter cable to B on Mod 1

C>HX Stomp with Bright Onion Momentary switch. FX Loop of Stomp to C on Mod 1

D>Prometheus

E>TRS splitter to D on Mod 1

Using the TRS jacks on the Mod 1 with ML5/Stomp FX Loops means I can insert any pedal(s) either in front of, after, or into the Stomp's chain itself (and move it about as needed). I haven't got the required TRS splitters yet (apart from the one within the Stomp's loop) so one of the Mod 1 outputs is connected to the Headphone out of the Stomp for now, but that's how it will be used in future.

Here's the underside:

IMG_3462.thumb.jpg.350a5c7e6e1269003b30b5f201d702b5.jpg

There's a Temple USB adpator so I can charge my iPad, and a GigRig Doubler to power the Cali76 at 18V. Everything powered by the Generator.

Very, very nice indeed. That’s some A game boarding. GREAT choices of pedals and MIDI fun here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moley6knipe said:

Very, very nice indeed. That’s some A game boarding. GREAT choices of pedals and MIDI fun here. 

Thanks mate! Was super chuffed they updated the HX Stomp with Command Centre! It's super basic compared to the functionality of the MC8, but when the Pirate MIDI pedals are released later this year I'll seriously be considering the 4 switch one...