Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

1 hour ago, jimbobothy said:

… could I please ask what is the benefit of the G3?

For me, I use it for parrallel blending effects, clean blend, gain structuring my pedals, midi control over the volante and MERIS, simple switching from really heavy to tranquil/trippy type vibes, and vice versa, together with trails. It also keeps my other pedals out the way and allows me to change the order of my pedals without rewiring eg wah into fuzz the fuzz into wah. 

It also allows two amp set up which Ive used a couple of times. 

Essentially it's the brain and makes my life a bit easier to concentrate on playing rather than pedal stomping 

• Like 1

On 11/03/2022 at 19:41, keziahj said:

As far as I can tell, this seems to be the only one there is. Some years ago and for a brief phase, Tom opened his shop, and I promptly ordered a regular T 47. A while after my order, he wrote an email in which he stated, that he had no regular T47 boxes left. He also said, that for quite some time he wanted to build the T 47 in a smaller 125 box. He finished the one, that you can see on the Metro 24 pretty soon after that. Between the mentioned email and the arrival of the pedal, Tom shut down the shop and hasn’t still opened, as far as I know. 😕

That mini T47 is a very special thing! I'd always wanted to see if he could shrink a T70 onto the same enclosure he used for the original T47 with the mini knobs. I'd very much like that Mini T47, never mind the Octavbre mk3 😁

Gutted Tom's stopped building! Yiur boards are works of Art sir, I salute you xx

• Thanks 1

On 12/03/2022 at 11:16, Salt on your Bass? said:

Version final.1... 

Changed out the TC HOF2 for the MERIS mercury 7. The HOF was really great and I enjoyed it more than my h9, walrus audio etc but the MERIS imo is just another level.

I don't really stack much, but order is:

Origin effects Cali76 bass Compressor always on into the G3

Korg pitchblack Tuner

Dunwich Wizard fuzz

Does it Doom Walpurgis

Parapedal Parachute wah

Strymon volante

MERIS mercury 7

Dunlop volume pedal (after G3 ATM)

138908097__20220312_111115(1).thumb.JPG.f555f2f1e05a3a11b2570f780d0acf28.JPG

Would love sometime with a mercury! They look super cool!! 

• Like 1

On 18/03/2022 at 16:24, ern500evo said:

Got the Boss WL-50 on the board now. Only temporarily as I’m changing it all onto a Nano+ on Monday, so I can mount a CS6 power supply underneath 

5511AA55-4FD2-4230-BF32-11267D66D0BA.jpeg

Nice set up.  Is the Boss WL-50 pretty good, and can you supply it from the CS6?  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, garyt said:

Nice set up.  Is the Boss WL-50 pretty good, and can you supply it from the CS6?  

I haven’t tried it yet, I only got it on friday. I read a lot of reviews that spoke highly of it though.  The CS6 should run it easily enough, it only draws 60mA while in use. It draws 320mA while charging, but the transmitter should last a gig without needing charge

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ern500evo said:

I haven’t tried it yet, I only got it on friday. I read a lot of reviews that spoke highly of it though.  The CS6 should run it easily enough, it only draws 60mA while in use. It draws 320mA while charging, but the transmitter should last a gig without needing charge

Great, post it up when you finished. 
I have a few pedals on a Metro20 with the CS6 mounted underneath, and I’d be well interested in adding the Boss WL-50.  Be good to get your feedback. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, garyt said:

Great, post it up when you finished. 
I have a few pedals on a Metro20 with the CS6 mounted underneath, and I’d be well interested in adding the Boss WL-50.  Be good to get your feedback. 

I’ve got a rehearsal Wednesday and a gig Friday so I’ll report back 👍

• Like 2

After resisting the call for a pedal board for many years I've finally put together a simple Di, EQ, Compressor, Overdrive and Chorus system using only a few pedals.

Can go direct to PA or into my GK 2001EB - 212 Neo.

IMG_20220324_090647_1.jpg

• Like 2

DSC_0069.thumb.jpg.1072d16711f5153a2faabbe22609558a.jpg

Well here is mine.  Pre birthday it was looking a bit bare without the "Landlord Lock-in Tuner" and "Hypergravity Compressor".  Post birthday it looks more like a pedal board (hopefully).  The gap between and above the "Bad Monkey" and "Hypergravity" is reserved for (probably) an Octave pedal (one of the more natural sounding ones rather than very synthy ones).  The Bad Monkey may get replaced at some point.  I'm using the Fender ABY to switch between basses (a G&L L2000 Tribute and a Sire V7 fretless).  The power supply underneath the board is an "MXR DC Brick"; it just about fits under the PedalTrain Metro 20 board - it would have been less tight if they'd provided a few 90degree to 90 degree power cables, rather than all 90degree to straight.  I hadn't intended the patch cables to give it a slope type aesthetic, but as they do I'll claim the artistic creativity😜.   The bass lurking in the background is my G&L L2K (the same one as in my profile pic).

Edited by Simon C
  • Like 4

PXL_20220326_110939211.thumb.jpg.687d33989a85aee2bf5e93bcef9d4641.jpg

My slightly underwhelming pedalboard 🤣 tbh I don't like the big muff and my GK Fusion S overdrive channel is sufficient for my needs. I'm also not really bothered about the MXR compressor, thinking of a Darkglass SS or Hyper Luminal which is a little less transparent perhaps.

Not a clue what to replace the big muff with!

• Like 2