Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

First contribution, but also first time I feel really satisfied. Still searching for the right octave (mostly for those Ian Allison synth sounds). Also featuring my diy "guest pedal" junction box that will probably move underneath at some point. The signal passes through a switched jack that can be interrupted with a trs split cable. It's mostly there because I've been thinking to add the Justin Chancellor fuzz wah and it wouldn't fit the board.

IMG_20220304_200257855~2.jpg

• Like 5

Kind of happy with this, i use the VT bass (bottom left) always on to warm up the b7k (i love the B7k but its slightly sterile) ... I think i want something similar to the VT but with less colour (vt to much hi presence) that can add that little bit of tube/cab sim warmth that will fit in that board space🤔

IMG_20220306_140737_edit_55607097783181.thumb.jpg.0e0f83d27f2b0623df4bd08c0ad748b3.jpg

Edited by danbowskill
  • Like 4

On 06/03/2022 at 14:16, danbowskill said:

Kind of happy with this, i use the VT bass (bottom left) always on to warm up the b7k (i love the B7k but its slightly sterile) ... I think i want something similar to the VT but with less colour (vt to much hi presence) that can add that little bit of tube/cab sim warmth that will fit in that board space🤔

IMG_20220306_140737_edit_55607097783181.thumb.jpg.0e0f83d27f2b0623df4bd08c0ad748b3.jpg

What's the 1590a top middle?

Si

7 hours ago, danbowskill said:

Its a valeton vintage chorus..... Surprisingly well buit and sounds great.

I got that one too, Valeton Aquaflow Vintage Chorus, it's based on the Boss CE-1 circuit.

One of the few clones of that legendary circuit, to my knowledge for some odd reason, considering it is such an iconic chorus, there are very few clones of this, and to my knowledge this is the only budget one of those, though sadly it has been discontinued.

And yes, it is doing a good job replicating that sound and sounds great, and sounds amazing for bass.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

Iteration #2828145

The Old Blood Noise Endeavours Haunt completely failed to work, so the retailer and I decided to replace it with the Way Huge Pork & Pickle. This has replaced the Deluxe Muff which was just too damned big. Holy crap the Pork and Pickle is good. It’s a Russian Muff with a hugely flexible clean blend. Amazing stuff.

The Carcosa is on there instead of the MXR OD as I wanted a really nasty, synthy fuzz for that Shin-Ei type sound.

The Vintage Microtubes replaces the big Spark as a light crunch is essentially my core tone and I love it.

BC1D719E-5CD2-43E6-BED5-20E25798888D.jpeg

Edited by NicoMcJ
  • Like 2

On 03/03/2022 at 14:28, iamtheelvy said:

It’s been a while since I’ve checked in here… current pedalboard has been through a journey recently. Covers gigs starting to kick in again has necessitated the need for a lot of 80’s synth tones through funk to some garage rock.  Here’s where we’re at so far…

7932D285-0017-4293-84E3-8EBA245D482D.jpeg

The mini board has also had an update.

C03E785A-66A6-4E36-B053-4329A8BE6A0D.jpeg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, jimbobothy said:

… do you know when Tom at Cog Effects made the smaller T-47? 

As far as I can tell, this seems to be the only one there is. Some years ago and for a brief phase, Tom opened his shop, and I promptly ordered a regular T 47. A while after my order, he wrote an email in which he stated, that he had no regular T47 boxes left. He also said, that for quite some time he wanted to build the T 47 in a smaller 125 box. He finished the one, that you can see on the Metro 24 pretty soon after that. Between the mentioned email and the arrival of the pedal, Tom shut down the shop and hasn’t still opened, as far as I know. 😕

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Some fantastic kit you've got on there! Do you have any clips of the sounds you are creating with your boards?

https://m.soundcloud.com/alu-folie-361410504/experimentpostambient?ref=clipboard&p=i&c=1&si=6179896A6CC2494CAF9F823DD2C0F61D&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

• Like 7

Version final.1... 

Changed out the TC HOF2 for the MERIS mercury 7. The HOF was really great and I enjoyed it more than my h9, walrus audio etc but the MERIS imo is just another level.

I don't really stack much, but order is:

Origin effects Cali76 bass Compressor always on into the G3

Korg pitchblack Tuner

Dunwich Wizard fuzz

Does it Doom Walpurgis

Parapedal Parachute wah

Strymon volante

MERIS mercury 7

Dunlop volume pedal (after G3 ATM)

138908097__20220312_111115(1).thumb.JPG.f555f2f1e05a3a11b2570f780d0acf28.JPG

Edited by Salt on your Bass?
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Version final.1... 

Changed out the TC HOF2 for the MERIS mercury 7. The HOF was really great and I enjoyed it more than my h9, walrus audio etc but the MERIS imo is just another level.

I don't really stack much, but order is:

Origin effects Cali76 bass Compressor always on into the G3

Korg pitchblack Tuner

Dunwich Wizard fuzz

Does it Doom Walpurgis

Parapedal Parachute wah

Strymon volante

MERIS mercury 7

Dunlop volume pedal (after G3 ATM)

138908097__20220312_111115(1).thumb.JPG.f555f2f1e05a3a11b2570f780d0acf28.JPG

… could I please ask what is the benefit of the G3?

1 hour ago, jimbobothy said:

… could I please ask what is the benefit of the G3?

For me, I use it for parrallel blending effects, clean blend, gain structuring my pedals, midi control over the volante and MERIS, simple switching from really heavy to tranquil/trippy type vibes, and vice versa, together with trails. It also keeps my other pedals out the way and allows me to change the order of my pedals without rewiring eg wah into fuzz the fuzz into wah. 

It also allows two amp set up which Ive used a couple of times. 

Essentially it's the brain and makes my life a bit easier to concentrate on playing rather than pedal stomping 

• Like 1