Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

16 minutes ago, ern500evo said:

I had to look twice then, I thought it was two Alpha Omega Ultras! 

I mean, that wouldn't be a bad thing either. There's enough variety in that box to warrant two different settings.

But yeah, Microtubes X into Alpha Omega. Definitely a lot of options right there, and with the X set to full band compression it covers my modest compression needs as well.

• Like 1

My new board for 2022. 

EBS Octobass into TC Electronic Spectracomp into Ashdown OriginAL (with cheap as chips tuner in parallel out).

I just, today actually, got the Spectracomp, so I think I'm set for the first time in a long, long time.

I've fluctuated between smallish to largish boards over the last 15 or so years, and last year I went right down to a Fender Downtown Express....but I love the Ashdown sound so much and now with the final piece being the TCE, I'm happy.

Famous lasts words, and all that sort of thing hahahaha 7D12F2DF-DC5F-440E-81A6-1EB5DAA8EA84.thumb.jpeg.3f94f47c02f9a4d97363475a34ce3f7e.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Had a rehearsal last week, so hastily hard to rebuild the "Big board" got a few new additions, so thought I'd get it on the Thread 😁

EBS Microbass 2 - A/B box/ Preamp/DI/ Overdrive/ headphone amp and Effects loop. Very very useful bit of kit and great quality sound. In the loop I have all of the effects, so I can use them through the Headphones.

FEA Labs Optifet Compressor- Beautiful Warm and versatile comp

BOSS LS2 - splits the signal after the comp, so all effects have compression beforehand. Has two seperate lines of FX thst I can switch between or run in parallel

Loop A - general effects.

Emma - Okto Nojs - Octaver and synthy Dynamic Fuzz in one pedal, can be used individualy or combined for Dirty Madness

Cog Custom Grand Tarkin "Trooper fuzz" - based on the "Green Russian" but with a Filtered clean blend (only clean lows, mids and highs are fuzzed) and a handy mid control. It had me at the Stormtrooper Etching 😂

MXR - Bass Envelope Filter- my 4th! playing with it today, reminded me of what a perfect little thing it is.

EBS Unichorus - Chorus/Flanger and pitch mod. Gorgeous Analog tones in a bombproof box

EBS Dphaser - As above but a funky, swirly,fat and very cool Digital Phaser. I love this thing

Donner Deluxe Mini tuner- kept losing the Headstock thing and got fed up of asking the the Keyboard player to give me an E 😂

Loop B - Synth Channel

3 Leaf Audio GR2 Envelope filter- very fat and resonant filter with a handy Effects loop, so anything in it, doesn't hit the input Detection stage, making for very dynamic synth sounds. This is set for a funky Downsweep, in the loop we have the following

Iron Ether Subterranea - Octave/Synth- is a fantastic lofi sounding octaver, with two synth voices and 3 waveforms for each. Very dirty and Analog Synth sounding! I love it 

Iron Ether Frantabit - Bit Crush and Sample rate reducer- very funky/noisy/mental pedal that's actually really really musical and sounds fantastic. One of my favourite pedals 😂

I also have a Copilot Orbit (Modulated fuzz/VCO) and a Malekko mini filter, but no room. Currently deciding what to do with them.

20220118_185558.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 8

So finally finished my dialled down board. Previously using a Ruach board, beautiful wooden board, but it was just too big for me. Now on a metro 24, if I can find a smaller substitute for the microsynth I may go smaller! 

Signal chain is muff - superego - MXR - tu2 - mojomojo - microsynth - zoom - digbeth. Powered by a Harley Benton iso pro.....bunny for aesthetics only 🤣

IMG_20220118_230411.jpg

IMG_20220118_230416.jpg

IMG_20220118_230420.jpg

IMG_20220118_230444.jpg

IMG_20220118_230451.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Higgie said:

@lee650 If you can't get those two extra pedals on that board, you're not trying hard enough ;)

Lol I could, but it means they are all crammed in,and I like nice gaps. I'd made a small pedalboard for my NYE gig, and forgot to put the pedals back,so hastily put it back together. I was having problems with the power cables fitting,But it's doable. 

Edited by lee650

13 hours ago, Bassmidget209 said:

So finally finished my dialled down board. Previously using a Ruach board, beautiful wooden board, but it was just too big for me. Now on a metro 24, if I can find a smaller substitute for the microsynth I may go smaller! 

Signal chain is muff - superego - MXR - tu2 - mojomojo - microsynth - zoom - digbeth. Powered by a Harley Benton iso pro.....bunny for aesthetics only 🤣

IMG_20220118_230411.jpg

IMG_20220118_230416.jpg

IMG_20220118_230420.jpg

IMG_20220118_230444.jpg

IMG_20220118_230451.jpg

Nice board, how are you finding the digbeth pre?

16 minutes ago, dudewheresmybass said:

Nice board, how are you finding the digbeth pre?

Im really enjoying it. Admittedly not used it massively since I got it a few months ago as I dont plug in to practice normally. 

I used a SANSAMP V1 bass driver before and was getting a bit tired of the mid scoop. From the moment I plugged in at my first practice with the digbeth both me and the guitarist noted how much 'fuller' sounding I was sounding. The tube pathway is nice as well, useable both at low and high gain. Eq works well. I suppose my only dissappointment with it thus far is the tilt control. It may become useful in certain scenarios but so far it is just another knob to accidentally knock and wonder why you sound crap. 

Oh thats another thing the dials are not the easiest to read in low light but to me thats not a big deal, the eq all have centre indents and im not straying too far from centre with them. 

• Like 1

On 18/01/2022 at 23:40, Bassmidget209 said:

IMG_20220118_230411.jpg

IMG_20220118_230416.jpg

IMG_20220118_230420.jpg

IMG_20220118_230444.jpg

IMG_20220118_230451.jpg

I've been trying to get hold of the Pedaltrain Metro Bunny for ages. Jealous. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

What drove the move away from the helix?

I’ve done a different thread about it, but essentially the deal breaker was still needing a mini board next to the Helix.  It wasn’t the all in one solution I was hoping for.  It sounded great but was disappointing in practical terms.

• Thanks 1

My latest iteration.

WlBAvzi.jpg

This is my latest iteration of my "core" board...

It's a Pedaltrain Novo 24, which is really a "Classic" with an extra row on the front to hold the Gigrig Quartermaster looper/switcher.

Underneath is a CIOKS power supply and a Gigrig Cinco Cinco 5-port stereo jack patch bay; the CIOKS also has a USB out which can also a 12-Step (if & when I get around to getting that set up).

Signal path is:

1. Cinco-Cinco ports 1 = stereo input -> splitter cable -> OBNE pink & blue inputs.
  2. Cinco-Cinco ports 2 = mono input -> OBNE green input.
  3. OBNE output -> MicroBass 3 Input.
  4. MicroBass 3 output -> Cinco Cinco ports #5, output.
  5. MicroBass 3 Fx Send -> Gigrig Quartermaster In.
  6. MicroBass 3 Fx Return <- Gigrig Quartermaster Out.
  7. Gigrig Quartermaster Loop 1 Send -> Cinco Cinco ports #3 (Send), Return <- Cinco Cinco ports #4 (Return); going to a supplementary board (or with a jumper across them to close the loop if unused).
  8. Gigrig Quartermaster Loop 2 -> C4 synth
  9. Gigrig Quartermaster Loop 3 -> SS-11 valve overdrive (that's replaced my DHA VT1; it's pretty much the same, but smaller and so more pedalboard-friendly).
  10. Gigrig Quartermaster Loop 4 -> Octave up (Mosaic) & down (EBS Octabass) pedals.
  11. Gigrig Quartermaster Loop 5 - unused (custom toggle switch on this board rather than a loop).
  12. Gigrig Quartermaster Loop 6 - Modulation pedals (Phase 90 & Black Label Chorus).
  13. Disaster Area MIDI switcher - controlling C4 at the moment.

Plans going forward:

• The four on the top row may be replaced by a HX Stomp if/when I get one (might even be today).
  • If I do go down the HX Stomp route, I'll put a Morningstar MC6 I have on the top row too, to control the C4.
  • And then I'll either swap the Disaster Area to being a switcher for the HX Stomp or make up a unit myself with a pair of momentary press switches for it.
  • The OBNE Signal Blender is a bit bulky; I may replace it with something more compact if I find the right thing (I did look at a Gigrig three2one, but you have to do a button dance to set it to what I want).
  • I don't use the custom toggle on the Quartermaster; I may replace that switcher with a stock 6-way one and have loop 6 go to another board with echo units last in the chain.
  • I may look at the stereo capabilities of the MicroBass 3 at some point,
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, moley6knipe said:

Nice board @prowla. As/when you get an MC6 don’t forget it needs a USB host box between the MC and the C4. Source audio neuro hub is one such box…. But happily your dmc will also do the job. Whether it can do that AND other things at the same time is unknown to me though 🙂

Thanks. 🙂

I have an MC6, but I had missed/forgot the fact that it needs an add-on too.

The DMC is a bit diddy and only has two buttons (which is its whole point, of course); however, it's a multi-button press to do things, whereas the MC6 can have individually assigned buttons to actions. (I wouldn't be looking to have the DMC control multiple items - that would likely be a world of pain!)

MC6 for the win. SUCH a capable piece of kit, especially with an expression hanging off it. Love mine. 

If you’re conceivably going to add more source audio pedals in future then my advice would be bite the bullet and get a Neuro Hub. I started with C4 and added Aftershock and Mercury and now I can make scenes with any of those and/or continue to address the C4 using CC commands. Caveat: if you add EQ2 or Ultrawave then the Hub can’t store every parameter via Hub scenes, so the Hub would only really be giving you host for those two and you’d recall presets using CC. Though, EQ2 has a MIDI in DIN so Hub not really required at all for that one.

Edited by moley6knipe

9 hours ago, moley6knipe said:

MC6 for the win. SUCH a capable piece of kit, especially with an expression hanging off it. Love mine. 

If you’re conceivably going to add more source audio pedals in future then my advice would be bite the bullet and get a Neuro Hub. I started with C4 and added Aftershock and Mercury and now I can make scenes with any of those and/or continue to address the C4 using CC commands. Caveat: if you add EQ2 or Ultrawave then the Hub can’t store every parameter via Hub scenes, so the Hub would only really be giving you host for those two and you’d recall presets using CC. Though, EQ2 has a MIDI in DIN so Hub not really required at all for that one.

Or if you are just going to have the one source audio pedal, you could build a USB midi host yourself, it's surprisingly easy: 

NB you could use your MC6 to control the Stomp as well, so you might not need the extra switcher. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AJ567 said:

Or if you are just going to have the one source audio pedal, you could build a USB midi host yourself, it's surprisingly easy: 

NB you could use your MC6 to control the Stomp as well, so you might not need the extra switcher. 

Thanks for the info!

Though I collect projects(!), the last thing I need is another one in the queue.

Regarding controlling both via the MC6, I think all I'll need if I do get a Stomp will be a bank up/down selector, which I think can be done with a couple of momentary switches (which I have) and a TRS jack cable.

• Like 1