Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

10 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

Here is my latest version. 
Boss TU2 >
Digitech Bass Synth Wah >
MXR Phaser >
Rodenberg OD/Dist >
Sansamp Programmable DI >
Cog Custom Reverb/Chorus 8FD1C124-8AE3-4A44-AE7F-170478918F7C.thumb.jpeg.950baa6d96645b185859f29d776f12d5.jpeg

I love that Cog pedal! If you ever want to sell it, please let me know 😁

Edited by lee650
  • Like 1

Got a function gig on NYE, my first since lockdown, so about 2 years now. Decided not to bring the suitcase full of goodies I use for my Prog/fusion band, so got a 2nd small board and just put my core pedals on it.still plenty of sounds available and will put them back on the big board once finished.

20211228_231233.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, lee650 said:

Got a function gig on NYE, my first since lockdown, so about 2 years now. Decided not to bring the suitcase full of goodies I use for my Prog/fusion band, so got a 2nd small board and just put my core pedals on it.still plenty of sounds available and will put them back on the big board once finished.

20211228_231233.jpg

ive had all of these pedals at one point or another, and con only imagine the sounds you get out of it. but im sure its fun.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lee650 said:

I love that Cog pedal! If you ever want to sell it, please let me know 😁

Thank you. Tom made it for me about 5 years ago. He is a massive Star Wars fan and I love family guy so I thought why not combine the two and make a Blue Harvest pedal. The first in the family guy/star wars trilogy episodes. We had planned to make all three. The next one was going to be the something, something, something darkside pedal. Overdrive, distortion, fuzz and octave. Unfortunately Tom is currently no longer making pedals but if he does, I’ll definitely have to get it done!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

Thank you. Tom made it for me about 5 years ago. He is a massive Star Wars fan and I love family guy so I thought why not combine the two and make a Blue Harvest pedal. The first in the family guy/star wars trilogy episodes. We had planned to make all three. The next one was going to be the something, something, something darkside pedal. Overdrive, distortion, fuzz and octave. Unfortunately Tom is currently no longer making pedals but if he does, I’ll definitely have to get it done!

Absolutely brilliant! The set would have been awesone. I've just got back my old Grand Tarkin Fuzz with a Stormtrooper on it, I love it. I wanted to get a Star Wars themed board, but he stopped doing the SW graphics.

20211221_110024.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 1

My new power supply arrived a few days back so I've rejigged the board to accommodate it. The Sony wireless is now hidden under the top tier. And I reckon there's just enough room for a bass synth pedal to complete it when something pops up in the classifieds. 

IMG_20211228_170933.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, BillyBass said:

This is my latest board. I have an Electro Harmonix Switchblade Pro incoming so this might be a bit impermanent.

IMG_0310.jpeg

How do you get on with that Ripply Falls? I with someone did a simple pedal with ‘just’ chorus, delay and reverb all in a compact pedal.

13 minutes ago, CJPJ said:

How do you get on with that Ripply Falls? I with someone did a simple pedal with ‘just’ chorus, delay and reverb all in a compact pedal.

I am a Jam pedals fanboy and the Rippyfall is a great chorus but that is all I use it for at the moment, I have no use for the phaser.  I bought the Ripplyfall as I thought it was just a little extra over the 'Waterfall' and you get an extra effect.  The size/shape is a bit awkward in that its not a very economical with pedal board space.

Jam pedals do custom builds with any combination of their pedals but they are not cheap and I don't think they do a reverb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobbass4k said:

The zoom ms-70cdr can be as simple or complex as you make it and is a very compact footprint.

Nice. How did I not know about that. I'll definately take a look at these. 

*Update*  thanks for this. Have just ordered a new one and picking up this afternoon. This looks like it could be what I've been looking for - tiny footprint and the ability to pick out a single, simple effect without the complications of having to overly program or get lost in the menus

Edited by CJPJ
Update!

On 29/12/2021 at 22:02, Mudpup said:

My new power supply arrived a few days back so I've rejigged the board to accommodate it. The Sony wireless is now hidden under the top tier. And I reckon there's just enough room for a bass synth pedal to complete it when something pops up in the classifieds. 

IMG_20211228_170933.jpg

Top marks awarded here for Source Audio Aftershock. That’s my favourite purchase recently, I can’t believe how good drive, fuzz and everything in between sounds with this thing!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, moley6knipe said:

Top marks awarded here for Source Audio Aftershock. That’s my favourite purchase recently, I can’t believe how good drive, fuzz and everything in between sounds with this thing!

I knew I wanted a fuzz of some sort for a few songs that we are planning on doing but figured that I would probably go through at least 3 types before I settled on the one. Budgeting on about £50-80 a time it seemed to make more sense to buy this and have shed loads of them already built in to it. Along with all the other stuff you can do with it of course. 

• Like 1

Exactly that, completely agree. I had an EHX Big Muff Deluxe Pi and Bass Soul Food, and this has replaced them… honestly for me the Tube breakup sounds are worth it on their own - actually DO sound like a Tube amp getting nicely stuck in! I’d highly recommend going the whole hog here and adding a C4 and a Hub…. It’s NUTS what SA pedals and MIDI and expression can do!

537ACCD1-91E1-4092-BCC7-776158C6BDC3.jpeg

• Like 4

As I'm up in Coventry, for the new year, I popped to Bass Direct this morning. My parents got me a pedal board power supply for christmas, so I thought I'd better get a pedalboard 😬

I also picked up a Peterson Strobostomp HD. Although I went to get a Pedaltrain Classic 2 they had advertised on the website, they didn't have one in stock. But they did have a Classic 1... that they didn't know they'd ordered.

I've ordered some Harley Benton patch cable kits from Thomann. So once I'm back home and that's arrived I can spend a good few hours setting up a pedal board.

But for now, it looks like this:
IMG_1905.thumb.jpg.1cfa679e13b7f98f905233d32f0c9fea.jpg

😆

• Like 3