Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

On 14/11/2021 at 10:17, Salt on your Bass? said:

How do you use the typer? Is it integrated with the switcher? I'm keen to perhaps use one but can't work out how to integrate it with my G3 atom.

It’s in a loop with the Bongripper and curmudgeon i. It’s HP loop the LP loop is empty to act as a clean Blend of sorts 

• Like 1

Keeping things simple here for some rocky, post punk tunes. Shout-out to @Berserker for sending me the Sansamp so quickly! 

The FS-4 offers a great deal of flexibility and everything goes straight into the front of my ABM600. 

Underside and all the grizzly bits not looking too bad either. Everything's securely in place with a bit of give. I don't like it too tight with too much pressure on jacks etc. 

Cheers! 

PXL_20211119_170522806~2.jpg

PXL_20211119_170551706~2.jpg

Edited by Jonse
  • Like 6

I had to do some jiggery pokery with this mini pedal board to get more tonal shaping options before my signal hits FOH.

Swapped out the Fender Downtown Express for the Tech 21 Q-Strip (thanks @SumOne) and Maxon CP-9 Pro+ compressor.

The Q-Strip is really excellent if you favour clean tones. The midrange beautiful and you can craft smooth sounds with ease. It's great for tailoring the honk you get from TI Jazz Flats.

The Maxon compressor uses a DBX circuit and is very clear and smooth. I'm very impressed with the build and sound quality of these Maxon pedals in general, worth the higher price point.  

The chain runs into a Rupert Neve RNDI that goes to FOH. 

IMG_20211120_125033.jpg

Edited by Light Grenade
  • Like 3

Just finished putting this together today. I think it might be drawing > 1,600mA as the HX was cutting out a few times. Need to double check and maybe either drop compressor and use HX one or upgrade board and power supply!

image.thumb.jpeg.240c6ccd92c83a0237fdbe2239f79e3b.jpeg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hemdee666 said:

Made some changes removed the RD and the octaver, and added the MB compressore (thanks Nick). Works fine. Grtz, Marc. 

D922AB45-3B3C-4902-AA00-ED17BE354BBC.jpeg

Love this board. Need to sort out a way of powering my Compressore, without a separate mains plug. It's by far the best comp I've ever used.

• Like 1

The sounds I use, the best pedal I own for each position. Missing is distortion but that is one of the gifts of the SY-1, just about any sound you want is in there somewhere. And with all else in the SY-1's parallel loop the synth effects come through unhindered and at whatever level I choose.

IMG_20211122_192941.thumb.jpg.b5f9e4dee4cf2766d4964303dc9fa0fd.jpg

• Like 6

My pedalboard (not sure it can actually be called that) is very boring looking at the moment:

20211123_143351.thumb.jpg.2991ca9264fb0d7b0c0074736d7e94c5.jpg

It's convenient for putting in the Bass gig bag and travelling on the tube, and for covering different music genres reasonably well and always having an alright version of an effect available, but it doesn't have the mojo of individual pedals. 

On the right are pedals I'm not using but haven't been able to bring myself to sell.....probably only a matter of time before they combine and start to become a pedalboard though! 

• Like 2

Latest and greatest of the all-in-one board. Hoping to give the Nux MLD a good airing at practice tomorrow.

LS-2 is for "more me" in my IEMs, the Harley Benton GPA is a 100w power amp for driving a cab (so the singer and guitarist can hear me). DI to desk comes out of the MLD.

Been fiddling with IRs and such and honestly pretty happy with everything.

IMG_20211127_204555249.jpg

• Like 2

One thing that really amazes me in this thread is the diversity and combinations of pedals. There are some consistensies but many differences. If anyone had the time and the inclination, it would be fascinating to count up and list every pedal in this thread and see which ones are the most popular and which ones are most commonly used together. That person unfortunately is not me although if I had the time I probably would!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CJPJ said:

One thing that really amazes me in this thread is the diversity and combinations of pedals. There are some consistensies but many differences. If anyone had the time and the inclination, it would be fascinating to count up and list every pedal in this thread and see which ones are the most popular and which ones are most commonly used together. That person unfortunately is not me although if I had the time I probably would!

By coinidence, there's a thread just started over on Talkbass with a poll of what effects bass players are using - although it's focussed on covers band bass players whereas the posts on here will also include plenty of originals band musicians and "bedroom" bass players not in bands. But it might be of interest anyway - here's the link:

Covers bands - besides a tuner what pedals are you using and on which songs? 

Edited by Al Krow