Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

13 minutes ago, jimbobothy said:

... interested in the Mod Devices Dwarf, used to have a HX Stomp and sold it to go mostly analogue etc etc. However the Mod stuff has perked my curiosity. Will you need to use any current or voltage doublers when powering it with the Cioks unit?

It’s a super little device. I believe the difference between this and the HX is that you have total freedom with the Dwarf over the effects that are on it, and how they’re chained together.

I’m only using the Cioks to power the other pedals, the Dwarf has its own supply.

This is my current ‘pedalboard’ on the Dwarf.

24C754B4-AB25-4172-83BE-F32642B733E2.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hemdee666 said:

Hi, where did you buy the Sony DWZ-B30GB ? Searched the internet, found nothing for sale. 

I bought it years ago when Thomann were blowing them out for £150. Brilliant bit of kit and you rarely see them come up used. I think everyone keeps them.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I keep messing around with reverb pedals and got to a point where, having cycled through a few high end (h9, big sky, blue sky, Ventris, walrus R1, etc) I'd decided to give up with it.

That said, I really need it for a part I've written on my bands album and having delved back into the reverb world have ended up with a TC HOF 2. Took it straight to rehearsal last night and to my surprise i got a tone out of it, very quickly, nearly exactly what was in my head. So it's a keeper and I'm really really happy. It's a wonderful sounding and really straight forward pedal. 

So here's last night's board...I need to squeeze the mbd2 back in there once I've velcrod and cabled properly. I think it's finished again....

_20211109_094345.thumb.JPG.57076ed5ae2b72fd54503da4a401a859.JPG

Edited by Salt on your Bass?
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

I keep messing around with reverb pedals and got to a point where, having cycled through a few high end (h9, big sky, blue sky, Ventris, walrus R1, etc) I'd decided to give up with it.

That said, I really need it for a part I've written on my bands album and having delved back into the reverb world have ended up with a TC HOF 2. Took it straight to rehearsal last night and to my surprise i got a tone out of it, very quickly, nearly exactly what was in my head. So it's a keeper and I'm really really happy. It's a wonderful sounding and really straight forward pedal. 

So here's last night's board...I need to squeeze the mbd2 back in there once I've velcrod and cabled properly. I think it's finished again....

_20211109_094345.thumb.JPG.57076ed5ae2b72fd54503da4a401a859.JPG

The HoF is a great little reverb pedal. Especially when you delve into the tone print feature.

52 minutes ago, ped said:

Some updates to the Pedal Shelf (tm)

IMG_9258 2.jpeg

And my WorkStation (tm) with space for patching in pedals when I fancy

IMG_9259.jpeg

I don’t know what any of those do, I’m just a valve amp into a big baby ll with a tuner, but they certainly look really cool ped 👍

40 minutes ago, jimbobothy said:

Lol, thought the Danelectro pedal was an Owl 🦉 ornament at first 😁, I probably need some glasses 🤓 

It does! I’ll feel bad stepping on it now!

39 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

So neat. Although not sure how you get your foot to that shelf. 

Although as you already have a GK13 cable, why not a GR1000 or something?

The VB99 does more than I need with the GK cable. I only have the 13 pin output built into my Vigier and mostly use the VB99 as a clean preamp/interface

8 minutes ago, bassist_lewis said:

Very nice! What is the Bright Onion pedal for?

I feel like pedal shelves might become a thing here...

The Bright Onion switches in a loop where I can place a pedal from my shelf, or switch it out so I can leave it disconnected. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

The future impact. Seems like if you want synth noises, and you had a 13 pin connector, the GR1000 would be a good way to go. 

Obviously not!

Ah ok. The GR1000 I suppose is a bit too similar in a less useful form factor for me. 

• Like 1