Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

12 hours ago, bassist_lewis said:

Only a couple of small changes. I've swapped out the original Octabvre with the mk 3, and swapped the Morning Glory for the Darkglass Microtubes B3K (built by Spencer Doran of 3 Leaf Audio). After seeing some of the cabling on other people's boards, I've tidied that up a bit as well. 

20210916_223202.jpg

20210916_223226.jpg

… to get the top even neater regarding the patch cables (I use the same ones) try using 3M Dual Lock to mount the pedals. That leaves around a 6mm gap underneath each pedal where the monorail cable can be routed. That way most of them would be hidden from view. Also as the cable is fairly stiff I’ve found I don’t really need any cable anchoring as it stays put fairly well by itself.

Anyhow lovely board and a great selection of pedals 😁👍🏼

Edited by jimbobothy
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jimbobothy said:

… to get the top even neater regarding the patch cables (I use the same ones) try using 3M Dual Lock to mount the pedals. That leaves around a 6mm gap underneath each pedal where the monorail cable can be routed. That way most of them would be hidden from view. Also as the cable is fairly stiff I’ve found I don’t really need any cable anchoring as it stays put fairly well by itself.

Anyhow lovely board and a great selection of pedals 😁👍🏼

Dual lock is quality stuff and I’ve just recent used it on my board 

• Like 1

Found this in my archives, its my home built pedal board from circa 1982. I built this from plywood and installed a power brick under the top panel to supply the Boss units and the Amdek distortion unit. The MXR comp limiter was mains powered and fed from an IEC on the back panel. The in/out jacks were XLR connectors. I ran it into a pair of 100w Marshall bass heads, and two 4x12's at the time.

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 03.59.42.png

• Like 9

Small changes to my board, but I dropped the reverb and just use the spring in the volante. I want to use complex reverb pedals but having been through a load, I'm not sure they ever quite work for me properly in my bands context. 

Not sure how many people use a treble booster here, but the war pig is brilliant. I used it through a cranked amp the other night and it really was wonderful. Anyway, this will be my board for a while now. 

I don't use the G3 to its fullest, but it opens the volante up for me and makes transitions really easy. 

I still kinda feel my boards a bit big in footprint....ah well. Stick for now 🙂

DSC_1125.thumb.JPG.b788e332d3bbe3ca520264b46953297f.JPG

• Like 6

Mine’s nothing fancy. Two/three simple signal paths. The zoom is my primary sound. Each bank (a-J) has my basic clean sound in position 1 with the relevant EQ, NR compression etc. Then the remaining three are used for other effects. It mostly stays on bank A where chorus, drive and synth are located as my most used sounds. 

Everything is then duplicated on the next set of user banks (0-9) but with amp sim for headphone practise. 
Live I mostly just go from the zoom headphone out to the rolls for my IEMs, taking an aux feed from the desk. This way I have a ‘more me’ control. 
If I’m using my headrush cabs I go to the eq to cut the very low and very highs, to the preamp strip for volume control and minor tone shaping. (None usually) and then the A/B/Y pedal sends the signal to both cabs. (If I daisy chain them, the second one is noticeably quieter, so this way is better) 

Finally, if I’m in a rehearsal studio using an amp, or recording, then it’s just straight out the zoom’s L mono out. 
Simple and not fancy, but I like it. 

F5610E59-4E52-4082-BA20-A816A4A3CFF7.jpeg

Edited by gafbass02
  • Like 4

Added a subdecay Prometheus DLX Filter and A Copilot Orbit Frequency Modulated fuzz (will do some write ups on these actually) to my setup.

Definately one of the synthiest boards I've had😁

received_238601554996576.jpeg

Edited by lee650
New pic
  • Like 6

17B23491-216E-4274-9D38-F61087E3F9D8.thumb.jpeg.d48084adee832fdfd98b57a5a5964da9.jpeg

Not the most interesting or expensive board, but it’s really functional. Im using the FS-7 to scroll up and down through the patches. This means the three footswitches are assignable to various effects.

Irritatingly the GT-1B uses the first effects block for the compressor so I’ve ended up using the MXR instead. 
I’m really enjoying this setup and finding it really versatile and cost effective.

• Like 2