Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

5 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

@pedvast improvement from your half-arsed first attempt below (the Stormy is no longer upside down and the Funk-u-lator is now nicely the right way up). You should defo get at least a B- now?

The topic is of course post your "pedal board" so you have to lose a few marks for ignoring the title...😁

IMG_8171.jpeg

You’re still more polite than my wife was who looked like she was contemplating the cost of getting me full time care

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 20/08/2021 at 15:48, lee650 said:

I love It Danny! Such a lot of sounds in a small bombproof box. It has a few internal controls (which id happily have a bigger enclosure, so i could access them).

1 - toggles between sine wave and triangle wave (the LFO on sine is very smooth and great on its own, the triangle is edgy and jagged which is great for gnarly synth)

2 - switch to apply to the full range or only to the higher frequencies, leaving the bottom full (how I have it)

3 -either 4 or 6 stage on slow setting

4 - 8 or 10 stage on the long setting

The wide setting is fixed at 15 stages, sounds very spacey and flange like.

You also have a preset resonance switch (I'd prefer a knob,but it works well)

I have the slow setting at 4 stage and switching between no resonance and low approximates a phase 90 block/script. The others can get very  synthy and psychadelic. There isn't a volume drop that I can detect,it is digital so doesn't sound as warm/grungy as a phase 90/ small stone but still sounds nice and deep.

I use this a lot after fuzz and sounds huge!

Thanks for the summing up. My Phase90 is currently with a teck. I want basically a level/output modding into it but it’s all gone quite. Think I’ll just get it back and use it for something else. 

Any phaser I put in my chain (I’ve tried a few) always cut the volume a very noticeable amount

• Like 1

The Metro is my main pedalboard.  Looking to add, but only if it’s worth it - the Hyper Luminal and Alpha Omicron are my 2 favourite pedals.  I do like the look of the Barefaced Machinist. 
The Beat Buddy has its own board as i only use this for gigs without a drummer, and for rehearsals. 

82563968-2752-4692-89CE-7FAFAA16A1E9.jpeg

Edited by garyt
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, lee650 said:

Lovely board! The Diamond is a great comp and I loved the Boss Bass flanger 😁

Ta

That Boss Flanger is appropriate for Sisters of Mercy, Siouxsie,  Cure etc 

Diamond BCP is amazing with flatwound Precision. Smooth Pillow Fluffy Washing 

• Like 1

Downsized my “big” board some more. With some smart use of preset, snapshots and midi programming I can get all I need for our cover band from this. More pedals is more fun and might sound better but this is easy to carry and with all the thinking and programming already done I can concentrate on the gig at hand instead of knob tweeking and tap dancing. Split path on the stomp with ampsim to PA and without to stage amp makes it easy to adapt to different places.

4D0EB1ED-25C1-486A-9917-AE0F9DB9A9C6.jpeg

• Like 4

On 17/08/2021 at 10:10, jimbobothy said:

… had a rehearsal last night for the Funk/Motown/Soul band and it’s amazing how many of my pedals I DIDN’T need lol!! Least they’re there if I ever do (and I took one of my smaller boards, oh well 😁). 

I’m liking the thought of smaller setups at the mo tbh 👍🏼

Yes, indeed. But.. a few of us have a 'Live' board - usually smaller with essentials, and a 'Creative/recording' board for home, on the road or in a studio - with every option imaginable. The mistake (?) many make is "down sizing" where just because you might not use an effect 'Live' that you won't need it in some other context. It sounds daft! but you'll be surprised how many go around this loop - me included.

😁 ✌️💛

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SimonEdward said:

Yes, indeed. But.. a few of us have a 'Live' board - usually smaller with essentials, and a 'Creative/recording' board for home, on the road or in a studio - with every option imaginable. The mistake (?) many make is "down sizing" where just because you might not use an effect 'Live' that you won't need it in some other context. It sounds daft! but you'll be surprised how many go around this loop - me included.

😁 ✌️💛

Lol!! This is the story of my pedalboard life 😂

• Like 1

On 30/08/2021 at 10:30, SimonEdward said:

😁 ✌️💛

On 30/08/2021 at 17:34, lee650 said:

Lol!! This is the story of my pedalboard life 😂

Welcome to the club Lee! Don't panic - it's not exclusive.. if only we'd known that the solution to our pedals and effects quandary (does less = more?) is no; but more = "more good". More boards... more bigger boards... more smaller boards... more cables for boards... and more stuff... that we absolutely do need - some of the time... if not all of the time...

But no "down sizing". Ever. OK???  😁 ✌️💛

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have tons of pedals. A lot of them boutique... But what I really need for the band is just this:

• Dirty compressor
  • Dirty fuzz (and I mean RAUNCHY AF!)
  • Dirty pre-amp

Always real valves. Nothing else comes close. Modelling is still not an option in 2021. Call me a snob.

The Black Finger is set to add a little tube breakup - just a hint of it. This makes the fuzz and OD on the Le Bass come out way stronger.

Giygas is used for Beastie Boys, Blur, Muse sorta tones. The OD on the Le Bass is for Foo Fighters, Fountains of Wayne, Presidents of the USA etc tube grit.

While I do have more exotic effects like envelope phasers, tremolo, octavers etc. I never actually use any of those on stage. Just stuff to make my sound more powerful and add organic tasting dirt.

These pedals right here are perfect for that particular job.

pedalboard_minimalistic.thumb.jpg.9197c3a619368d221044012257dffdb4.jpg

• Like 7

I had the pedal board out for my first gig back since lock down last Sunday. I have been using my HX Stomp with IEM for pub gigs but as this was an outdoor thing and there was an amp provided I thought I'd pull the PB out as it's recently had a new addition...

As ever the Basswitch is the brain of the board. I'm running the CAli 76TX in the series loop (always on) and the Fender Trapper drive (the golden coloured box) in the switchable mix loop with a 50/50 blend. I wasn't using the Redwitch Zeus for this gig, it's there for an 80's thing where I'm doing some octave down/synth type lines but I had the tuner in it's place in the Basswitch dedicated tuner out which keeps it out of the signal path. When the Zeus is on the board it goes in the mix loop and the drive pedal just gets slotted into the signal chain. The gain adds a bit of life to the octave sound. 

As @DiMarco said above it's all I really need on a gig and I would sometimes remove the Basswitch and put the HX Stomp in it's place using the FX loop on the Stomp - I use the 3M dual lock which is great stuff if you're removing pedals with any frequency to swap things about to suit the gig.

C7AF014B-E835-4235-976D-5DECAB6A5465.jpeg

Edited by krispn
Tidied the board up a bit!
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, DiMarco said:

I have tons of pedals. A lot of them boutique... But what I really need for the band is just this:

• Dirty compressor
  • Dirty fuzz (and I mean RAUNCHY AF!)
  • Dirty pre-amp

Always real valves. Nothing else comes close. Modelling is still not an option in 2021. Call me a snob.

The Black Finger is set to add a little tube breakup - just a hint of it. This makes the fuzz and OD on the Le Bass come out way stronger.

Giygas is used for Beastie Boys, Blur, Muse sorta tones. The OD on the Le Bass is for Foo Fighters, Fountains of Wayne, Presidents of the USA etc tube grit.

While I do have more exotic effects like envelope phasers, tremolo, octavers etc. I never actually use any of those on stage. Just stuff to make my sound more powerful and add organic tasting dirt.

These pedals right here are perfect for that particular job.

pedalboard_minimalistic.thumb.jpg.9197c3a619368d221044012257dffdb4.jpg

That Black Finger is a beast!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krispn said:

I had the pedal board out for my first gig back since lock down last Sunday. I have been using my HX Stomp with IEM for pub gigs but as this was an outdoor thing and there was an amp provided I thought I'd pull the PB out as it's recently had a new addition...

As ever the Basswitch is the brain of the board. I'm running the CAli 76TX in the series loop (always on) and the Fender Trapper drive (the golden coloured box) in the switchable mix loop with a 50/50 blend. I wasn't using the Redwitch Zeus for this gig, it's there for an 80's thing where I'm doing some octave down/synth type lines but I had the tuner in it's place in the Basswitch dedicated tuner out which keeps it out of the signal path. When the Zeus is on the board it goes in the mix loop and the drive pedal just gets slotted into the signal chain. The gain adds a bit of life to the octave sound

Pics please 🙏

2 minutes ago, krispn said:

As ever the Basswitch is the brain of the board. I'm running the CAli 76TX in the series loop (always on) and the Fender Trapper drive (the golden coloured box) in the switchable mix loop with a 50/50 blend. I wasn't using the Redwitch Zeus for this gig, it's there for an 80's thing where I'm doing some octave down/synth type lines but I had the tuner in it's place in the Basswitch dedicated tuner out which keeps it out of the signal path. When the Zeus is on the board it goes in the mix loop and the drive pedal just gets slotted into the signal chain. The gain adds a bit of life to the octave sound

I owned two Zeus, that pedal sounds MASSIVE. Sadly both started failing within weeks. When switching it on it would sometimes do something, sometimes it would not. And there was a loud pop whenever touching any of the switches. For me, Redwitch = never again. Such poor quality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DiMarco said:

I owned two Zeus, that pedal sounds MASSIVE. Sadly both started failing within weeks. When switching it on it would sometimes do something, sometimes it would not. And there was a loud pop whenever touching any of the switches. For me, Redwitch = never again. Such poor quality. Ended up throwing them in the garbage can.