Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

I have recently revived my old sixth form band with the guitarist and we are using a drum machine with sampled keyboards that we played. This picture was our collective pedals. Lots of flanger, phaser and distortion.My Tech21 VT bass pedal is missing (at the studio for another project) but the pedals for the bass are in the case and the other pedals are the guitarists.

Pedals.jpg.2a854a98396c545f0d9bc11207515879.jpg

• Like 1

New build. Moved from a pure HX Stomp setup to an HX Effects and an Atomic Ampli-Firebox.

The Ampli-Firebox is an amp modeler and IR loader for guitar and bass, and will serve as my DI output from the board (either with or without amp modeling).

The AFB is in one of the FX loops of the HX Effects, and the splitter (bottom left) splits the signal right before the AFB and runs one output straight to a separate output on the board, while the other goes through the AFB and back into the HX Effects. It basically functions like a "Through" output for the AFB (which doesn't have one).

This means I have one pedalboard output without any amp modeling (for running to a real amp), and one with full modeling and cab simulation (for running direct at home or at a gig). It's a pretty flexible setup.

I might replace the AFB with a more bass-oriented preamp at some point, but since I also play guitar it's nice to have an all-in-one solution right there on the board.

xdZuUEZ.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Naigewron said:

New build. Moved from a pure HX Stomp setup to an HX Effects and an Atomic Ampli-Firebox.

The Ampli-Firebox is an amp modeler and IR loader for guitar and bass, and will serve as my DI output from the board (either with or without amp modeling).

The AFB is in one of the FX loops of the HX Effects, and the splitter (bottom left) splits the signal right before the AFB and runs one output straight to a separate output on the board, while the other goes through the AFB and back into the HX Effects. It basically functions like a "Through" output for the AFB (which doesn't have one).

This means I have one pedalboard output without any amp modeling (for running to a real amp), and one with full modeling and cab simulation (for running direct at home or at a gig). It's a pretty flexible setup.

I might replace the AFB with a more bass-oriented preamp at some point, but since I also play guitar it's nice to have an all-in-one solution right there on the board.

xdZuUEZ.jpg

I like this a lot. I have just traded my Stomp for a Helix FX, looking forward to it arriving soon 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

All you could wish for there... Looks bonza 🤘

It has many possibilities - and everything sounds amazing. 

But I'll always wish for more 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Mr Black Gilamondo its a phaser. Best I've ever used. 

Edited by stewblack

9 minutes ago, bassfan said:

I quite like the sound of those Spectrums Stew.. where’s the Sy1? 

That's on my other board (the board I actually use) this board has a bunch of tech which is taking me a long time to learn. 

5 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Ahhhh ... i thought it was off the board. 

No its so easy to use it went straight onto the working board. 

The obsession with pedals has been a useful distraction during lockdown. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stewblack said:

No its so easy to use it went straight onto the working board. 

The obsession with pedals has been a useful distraction during lockdown. 

Indeed. Playing with Helix patches was fun 😃

What songs do you use the SY1 on live?

49 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Indeed. Playing with Helix patches was fun 😃

What songs do you use the SY1 on live?

I haven't had any gigs forever, so only in rehearsal so far.

It depends on the songs but if I get dep slots covers bands the obvious would be like Don't You Want Me Baby, I Want To Dance With Somebody - in fact most 80s hits. 

• Like 1

Never really been into having an exotic board and have always stuck to basics. 95% of the time I use my Boss GE7 ( not the bass version) to provide a mild 100Hz boost for extra low down oomph and the Boss Limiter Enhancer controls the level into the amp and adds a little extra sheen & click to the sound especially when using flat wound strings. The TC Polytune is indispensable as a tuner and also as gig mute. I only occasionally use chorus and phase pedals and the overdrive is for special occasions. It all works well though and is very simple to use, setup and transport.    

Screenshot 2021-06-02 at 01.18.32.png

• Like 4

I love posting my tiny toy collection up alongside the big boys...

I've managed to slice my board down to basically a wireless receiver, a BDI 21 and my trusty Zoom B3. I did the Ashbass mod on the B3 which means I can scroll through patches using an external pedal. I know I could have just "upgraded" to a B3N, but where's the fun in that? The B3 has a smaller footprint and I can navigate my way around it without tears and tantrums - all it took was a bit of soldering (done by a proper grown up) and knocking together a cute, custom housing for the switches and bobs yer uncle. The Cuvave pedal is a BlueTooth page turner dealio for my cheatsheet-loaded iPad. It works pretty well, sometimes it takes 2 or 3 attempts to connect, but once it does, it's rock solid. 

The wireless receiver is a Sennheiser XS model. I've used it around the house and at a couple of rehearsals and it's worked brilliantly so far.  The BDI is there for those moments when you need to scare the horses.

By Christmas, I'll probably be down to two strings and a clip-on tuner, but for now, this'll do for me.

20210602_134825.thumb.jpg.da4f20623b5c42fc5f41f8af8cc549ff.jpg

Edited by rushbo
  • Like 3

Bit of a change for me and built myself a couple of pedals. The smaller box is a dod 250 clone with ge diode switch option. The bigger box is a megalith clone. Both sound wonderful. 

The wah is a Wilson freaker mini wah. 

143B19B9-CFB9-4024-BF0E-DA9206410048.thumb.jpeg.8bd29ea7bc399e9d97ba53a7de4489fe.jpeg

• Like 2

I don't know why.. but I love looking at peoples pedals!.. some of the boards on here are fabulous! ...I have owned a lot of pedals over the years & had some rediculous massive boards in the past that were, to be honest, more than required for the job in hand!

But I love it!... Here is my simple small current set up.. again (prolly posted before!) With all the lights on! 

IMG_20210604_015320768~3.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simon88wilson said:

Bit of a change for me and built myself a couple of pedals. The smaller box is a dod 250 clone with ge diode switch option. The bigger box is a megalith clone. Both sound wonderful. 

The wah is a Wilson freaker mini wah. 

143B19B9-CFB9-4024-BF0E-DA9206410048.thumb.jpeg.8bd29ea7bc399e9d97ba53a7de4489fe.jpeg

Si those clones look well tidy! How's the megalith panning out?

• Thanks 1

Thanks fella!

the megalith is absolutely bonkers. I think it’s the fuzz sound I’ve been looking for. Thanks for the suggestion on that one! Really works well with my current set up. 

im running the dod all the time as a always on dirty tone but have had to add back in some bass on the amp.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simon88wilson said:

Thanks fella!

the megalith is absolutely bonkers. I think it’s the fuzz sound I’ve been looking for. Thanks for the suggestion on that one! Really works well with my current set up. 

im running the dod all the time as a always on dirty tone but have had to add back in some bass on the amp.

Sweet!! I'll listen out for you at soundarc...shouldn't be difficult to miss!

Are you running the dod into the megalith? Still got a hankering to try that pedal....but happy with my drive section at the moment.

9 hours ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Sweet!! I'll listen out for you at soundarc...shouldn't be difficult to miss!

Are you running the dod into the megalith? Still got a hankering to try that pedal....but happy with my drive section at the moment.

Yeah I’m running the dod into the megalith. The germanium mod on the dod makes a big difference to the sound. I don’t think I’d get what I want out of it if I didn’t have that mod. 

• Like 1