Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

I keep on with my small pedalboard. I'm thinking about adding a MXR footswitch because to change Presets. 

The JHS is first in the chain. The good thing is that it has an XLR out that I can use to get just a clean sound. Then the HX stomp. The Ashdown OriginAL is in the effects loop. From the Ashdown I can get a dry signal (not affected by the preamp, but affected by the blocks of the HX) that goes to an amp (99% of the time, a backline amp). 

The last two blocks of the HX are the Ashdown Preamp (FX Loop) and a cab simulation (so far, the 2x15 Brute). The whole signal goes to FOH via a jack-XLR adapter. Really happy so far (and the sound guy too, in the few gigs I had at least). I am still experimenting with the cab simulations because I'm not 100% convinced.  

20210112_153015.jpg

• Like 7

Gone from spaghetti madness to something a bit neater now that I’ve finally got around to buying an actual board, courtesy of @Allaboutthebass. It’s a bit smaller than I need so have had to sacrifice the LS-2 and Spectrum temporarily (a few of the other pedals have since been sold and another couple acquired; you know how it is).

Before and after shots:

5CA46609-AB5B-4B06-B1C0-7CBEE30F92EA.jpeg

26075B33-0A4F-439F-AD99-07469D2722EA.jpeg

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Gone from spaghetti madness to something a bit neater now that I’ve finally got around to buying an actual board, courtesy of @Allaboutthebass. It’s a bit smaller than I need so have had to sacrifice the LS-2 and Spectrum temporarily (a few of the other pedals have since been sold and another couple acquired; you know how it is).

Before and after shots:

Love that collection!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lee650 said:

Love that collection!!

Doom 2, Josh Wah and Spectracomp all gone though. Octabvre III and Ultrawave inbound. Still got three pedals in boxes in addition to the Spectrum and LS-2 that I need to make space for somehow. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

Doom 2, Josh Wah and Spectracomp all gone though. Octabvre III and Ultrawave inbound. Still got three pedals in boxes in addition to the Spectrum and LS-2 that I need to make space for somehow. 

Well do you really need that octo Njos? 😉😂

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

Before and after shots:

Nice board, may want to get some filter sounds on it though.

46 minutes ago, lee650 said:

Well do you really need that octo Njos? 😉😂

At the moment, yes. It works better with the Mastotron than the VBO does. Let’s see show the Octabvre plays with it too. For the moment, the fuzz is pretty cool too, though I might be able to do all that with the Ultrawave, I’ll have to see. 

• 2 weeks later...

This has been months in the planning/saving. Finally got the power system and the board itself this week and spent a few hours last night putting it all together. I am aware the Quartermaster is squint, I'm still waiting on a Bright Onion Pedals patch bay to mount underneath so I can plug in and out from one side.

This board will be subject to change without notice.

20210204_135523.jpg

20210204_140252.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, bassist_lewis said:

I'm already looking at phasers, volume pedals and risers 😂

lol, it never ends does it. I'm learning myself not to say 'This is it now' as it'll always change in the end 😁

I'm loving the mini QuarterMaster.

Has anyone seen this new board yet? https://www.musicradar.com/news/daddario-has-released-an-expandable-pedalboard-called-the-xpnd

24 minutes ago, jimbobothy said:

lol, it never ends does it. I'm learning myself not to say 'This is it now' as it'll always change in the end 😁

I'm loving the mini QuarterMaster.

Has anyone seen this new board yet? https://www.musicradar.com/news/daddario-has-released-an-expandable-pedalboard-called-the-xpnd

It never does! and that's the fun!

The QuarterMaster is great, I can set up a multi pedal sound and switch straight into it. And the Moog colours the tone even when it's bypassed.

The expandable pedal board looks like exactly what we all need!!

Ive been putting off sorting my board for a couple of months now, mainly as I've been waiting on the return of a fuzz pedal which is failing to materialize. So finally got to it last night and it's about as tidy as it is gonna get with this setup. I would like to say this is the final one but I'm definitely not settled on the lineup so who knows what the next year will bring!

IMG_20210208_133706.jpg

IMG_20210208_133756.jpg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Bassmidget209 said:

Ive been putting off sorting my board for a couple of months now, mainly as I've been waiting on the return of a fuzz pedal which is failing to materialize. So finally got to it last night and it's about as tidy as it is gonna get with this setup. I would like to say this is the final one but I'm definitely not settled on the lineup so who knows what the next year will bring!

IMG_20210208_133706.jpg

IMG_20210208_133756.jpg

Beautiful wiring!! And a like the idea of mounting pedals underneath. I take that's an "Always On" pedal?

• Like 1

Thanks man, yeah up close everything's a bit skwiggly (perhaps doing this half a bottle of wine and a beer down was not advised!) But I'm quite happy with. The sansamp is always on yeah. I'm hoping having it out of the way will reduce my likelihood of dicking about with it. The only thing I will miss is being able to boost the gain but I can adjust the boost on the eq and sounds similar so shouldn't be missed. Was also planning on having the interface integrated into the board but it would involve woodwork and I'm worried I'm gonna ruin it haha!

Been putting off redoing my board for a few weeks since I couldn't seem to find a Soldgold Beta DLX in the UK but after receiving one from @NAS Bass this morning I found the motivation to do it this afternoon. 

Still like the Ernie Ball flat patch cables and Itried to keep everything as neat as possible with some of those cable hooks recommended a few pages back. Pretty pleased with the results overall. 

PXL_20210210_160027785.NIGHT~2.jpg

PXL_20210210_160106274.NIGHT~2.jpg

• Like 7

On 10/02/2021 at 17:02, moley6knipe said:

Very neat. Amazing what you got into a small board innit!! Very neat and ACE choice of pedals there. Love the Russian. 

Thanks! Yeah the Super Russian absolutely slays. It's great that it has the switch for flat mids. 

Edited by Jonse

my latest board.. when we were still in the world of 'gig'... (Tax return 2019-2020 was weird to do... a different world back then!!)  I needed a small footprint board.. to keep things simple... But it had to do a fair bit! 

Chorus, distortion, treble boost, octaver, compression, envelope, tuner...

IMG_20210213_023006747~4.jpg

Edited by bottomfeed
Add content
  • Like 2